ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RE-Apple Care/Warranty. Will they replace?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Basically I have noticed a rip/tear in the neck of my charger...

I haven't abused it at all as I look after my macbook due to it costing a fortune...

A bit disappointed really as I have never had issues with any chargers before this one. Do you think they will replace it for me or will I have to fork out god knows how much for another charger?

IMG_0040.gif

Thanks,
Luke

Citroen DS3 DSport
If it's within warranty then they will replace it without any problem. If not then you may as well ask them.

They power supply is well known for splitting there and several have been blamed for setting MacBook's on fire.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mine had this, replaced no fuss! Just booked it in with the genius bar. I went in, they checked the serial number to see if it was in warrenty, then swapped over the charger. simples really :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice one il get it booked in. How long is the warrenty on these btw? I persume apple care isn't the same as warrenty lol

Barge
We don't have an Apple near us yet. I usually have to go to Leicester if I'm there or Blue Water. They'll swap the charger no issue. Headphones could be classed as wear and tear.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nice one il get it booked in. How long is the warrenty on these btw? I persume apple care isn't the same as warrenty lol

If you have AppleCare on your MacBook then your power pack will be covered by that. AppleCare extends the warranty from 1 year to 3.

26th Nov I ordered mine! Oct onwards?! Oh, Steve. You disappoint me :dapprove:

I didn't even know there was a new design. Might just be pot luck. I'm going to email them and see if I can get a new one! Lol.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Pmsl Dan, you that desperate for one :rasp: My mates white macbook came with one and tbf its a lot better. It doesn't fall out all the time either as there is no leverage for it to come out/get knocked oot. I hope I get one now!

Rav4
I didn't have apple care and it got replaced. That is dangerous, so you should be ok.

Bought my MBP in November and I don't have one of those new charges.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol @ Dan, the new charger is infinitely better. I had to pay for it in the end though since I couldn't be bothered going to Manchester for an argument at the genius bar.

^^ No illuminated keyboard? Poverty spec :rasp: ;)

I bought it when you were still wetting yourself over the thought of vista :rasp: None of these fancy lit keyboards on the regular non pro's back in't day lad.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh I want a new charger :( my second one will be dead soon no doubt! And my iPhone one is just exposed wires around the top.