Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radiator stop leak?

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear' started by wifey, Mar 31, 2012.

1. wifey

wifey

Car:
    Clio 182
    I have a small leak in my rad, its dripping from the bottom right of the rad,

anyway is radiator stop leak any good? and is it ok to use in the sport engines?

cheers

2. wifey

wifey

Car:
    Clio 182
    Anyone?

as i am going to put it in, in the morning, so either it will work or block my engine?

regards

3. MichaelGrimes

MichaelGrimes

Car:
    Non Sport Megane
    an egg? :tongueout: or a new radiator?

4. Dan519

Dan519

Car:
    DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
    no, all it will do is block up waterways in the engine and furr up the cooling system in general. If your radiator has a hole, get a new one

5. mr.pink87

mr.pink87 ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    172/1.2/E30
    As above. Broken radiator needs replacing. Everything else is a fuckin' bodge.

6. Djw John

Djw John Scotland - South ClioSport Area Rep

Car:
    ^^,GT205 & Saaaaaab
    Yup, gotta agree

7. richd

richd

Car:
    BMW Touring shed
    cracking an egg does work in it lol. BUT dont, same with rad weld, just blocks up all the water jackets. buy a new rad :smile:

8. MicKPM

MicKPM ClioSport Trader

Car:
    172 Cup
    The "Stop Leak" isn't a bodge like K-seal as it doesn't clog up your coolant pipes and gallery's. It stays liquid and reacts to air but it is only to be considered a temporary solution to a problem. Really you should replace the radiator and thoroughly flush the coolant system afterwards.

9. Alastair.

Alastair. ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Grand Scenic Tom Tom
    Used this on a mate 2003 megane 1.4 16v, still hasnt sprung another leak or caused any problems, put it in over 2 years ago as the radiator was pissing out.

[​IMG]

10. Daniel

Daniel ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Works GP, Passat Tdi
    We put a bottle of Kseal in a mates omega (head gasket failure) and that was over a year ago and he's still driving it! lol.

11. wifey

wifey

Car:
    Clio 182
    well i put a bottle of wynns stop leak in this am, its just looks like a clear liquid, anyway made sure engine was hot etc and put it in,

at first it just sat on top of the water but after five mins it was sucked through the system smoke started coming from where the leak was and it plugged the leak perfect,

it has mixed with the water and you would never know it was in there and i have been to London and back today so 300 odd miles and it has not skipped a beat or lost any water!!!!

so that should hold it until payday when i can afford a new rad.

p.s just been out to the car and there is no patch of water on the floor like there has been for the past few days!!

so well recommended.