ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radiator stop leak?

Clio 182
I have a small leak in my rad, its dripping from the bottom right of the rad,

anyway is radiator stop leak any good? and is it ok to use in the sport engines?

cheers

Clio 182
Anyone?

as i am going to put it in, in the morning, so either it will work or block my engine?

regards

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
no, all it will do is block up waterways in the engine and furr up the cooling system in general. If your radiator has a hole, get a new one

Changes to often
cracking an egg does work in it lol. BUT dont, same with rad weld, just blocks up all the water jackets. buy a new rad :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The "Stop Leak" isn't a bodge like K-seal as it doesn't clog up your coolant pipes and gallery's. It stays liquid and reacts to air but it is only to be considered a temporary solution to a problem. Really you should replace the radiator and thoroughly flush the coolant system afterwards.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Used this on a mate 2003 megane 1.4 16v, still hasnt sprung another leak or caused any problems, put it in over 2 years ago as the radiator was pissing out.

lrgbarsseal.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We put a bottle of Kseal in a mates omega (head gasket failure) and that was over a year ago and he's still driving it! lol.

Clio 182
well i put a bottle of wynns stop leak in this am, its just looks like a clear liquid, anyway made sure engine was hot etc and put it in,

at first it just sat on top of the water but after five mins it was sucked through the system smoke started coming from where the leak was and it plugged the leak perfect,

it has mixed with the water and you would never know it was in there and i have been to London and back today so 300 odd miles and it has not skipped a beat or lost any water!!!!

so that should hold it until payday when i can afford a new rad.

p.s just been out to the car and there is no patch of water on the floor like there has been for the past few days!!

so well recommended.