ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 #177

T5 Transporter
I've had a bit of paintwork done, courtesy of @TheDippingLab

9B46E3DB-C8B3-462A-B8E6-EC75CE6E4523_zpsmsyekwub.jpg

6C984467-E66A-4C4D-992E-D4B9D9A39B66_zpsvxw9yano.jpg

1014D80D-A704-46DA-AF92-EA764FB4F425_zpsq3dp9lyf.jpg

37165327-7ECE-4554-B304-DAF2199B35F3_zpsrbeazmsd.jpg

Details here
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/brilliant-service-the-dipping-lab.767253/#post-10634077
Looking good :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Did my first track outing at Css last weekend.

The car was faultless. Drove all the way there with all the camping gear, put a full tank of v power in, changed absolutely nothing prior to taking it on track and it was amazing.

Then drove home the next day with no issues.

330CBC86-FE4F-47AA-A046-732AE5D4D223_zpsmhpkgvuz.jpg

655A6405-2FB3-44A1-839E-82E685E295EA_zpsrckf9q5x.jpg

5B703324-9E97-45AB-BF38-6FF416DDB6DF_zpsdlidgm1j.jpg

EF41CBE2-4307-44CE-A8C2-E2228ACE6E86_zpsia5zgmsq.jpg

And this happened

9FCCE4FD-1BCE-4577-911B-4E0FD203F1B9_zpshjx50uhq.jpg

Since I killed my brakes at Css, we changed them for oem discs and pads on the front yesterday.

With the wheels off... We noticed a snapped spring on the drivers side... Then another one on the passanger side lol.

H&Rs it is then :blush:

RB Clio 182
Tips melted into the diffuser?

How was the car amazing on track with two broken from springs?

I would have thought it would have handled like it was on roller skates?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tips melted into the diffuser?

How was the car amazing on track with two broken from springs?

I would have thought it would have handled like it was on roller skates?

Yup. The right tip is slightly higher so melted the diffuser a bit.

I'll have to cut it out.

I genuinely have no idea. I even had it sliding around a little.

I didn't notice the springs in the slightest.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah but you was driving like Miss Daisy ;)
So when you making the plunge of buying some KW's, spacers and some track rubber ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah but you was driving like Miss Daisy :wink:
So when you making the plunge of buying some KW's, spacers and some track rubber :wink:

Oh you b**ch lol!

The gf offered to buy me the bilsteins @Gaz_ has for sale, but I couldn't let her do that, and springs would be sufficient i'm sure lol

Spacers, will be coming after the springs and I'll need track wheels before I get track tyres lol.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Cheers blad.

And it wouldn't have mattered if I went full hero/r****d. I don't think anything was as good as matts car lol.

Sideways and two wheels. Everywhere.
Matts car wasn't the howling missile I was on about. That thing we almost took people's heads off their shoulders with.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I've literally just had my H&R springs fitted myself mate thanks to see @Pacman. flying round with his lowered at CSS! Car looks so much meaner now, 20mm Eibach spacers aswell! Be prepared for a bumpy pothole dodging ride though!
image.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've literally just had my H&R springs fitted myself mate thanks to see @Pacman. flying round with his lowered at CSS! Car looks so much meaner now, 20mm Eibach spacers aswell! Be prepared for a bumpy pothole dodging ride though!

Is it harsher than the standard cup suspension?

Ah I wasn't going to buy spacers yet! You're making me want them lol

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I would say so yeah! It's just more rigid the car so you feel them a lot more.. Definitely improves handling so far but just a little harsher.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I don't mate unfortunately! I've only really done a few things like give the calipers a lick of paint, tidied the discs up, scorpion decat exhaust and springs and spacers never thought of making a project thread to be honest..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Hawk182 helped me change my springs over at his work today. Thank god he did that! I wouldn't have wanted to do this on the drive!

The only problem was a tie rod end being rounded which needed cutting and replacing.

Two front springs came off in six pieces! ... Whoops

73155E68-7BFB-4974-A5BE-FA48A9F5688E_zpszsf4997x.jpg

One bad pic for now

D9F10F8B-2702-4F3F-AA5A-2F04C94C59E2_zps3ugvfirq.jpg

Safe to say, the car drives a hell of a lot better :eek:

While the diffuser was off, I trimmed off the melted parts and we adjusted the (unbranded?!) exhaust, which needs readjusting as it's now too far down on the right hand side.

But that's a job for another day.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh my friends 330ci coupe has a snapped proline spring and he didn't notice it until we got it on the ramsp for another reason. Still drives ok to this day and that was weeks ago that we noticed it.

But I would of thought the MOT would have picked yours up as it would have shown various cracks.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tbh my friends 330ci coupe has a snapped proline spring and he didn't notice it until we got it on the ramsp for another reason. Still drives ok to this day and that was weeks ago that we noticed it.

But I would of thought the MOT would have picked yours up as it would have shown various cracks.

He's still driving it on snapped springs? I stopped driving the clio as soon as I realised lol

But yeah, I'd have thought they'd have noticed the cracks in the springs. One had a crack up a length of it!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
We've bought some eibach prolines off Russ16v off here with the CS discount so just waiting to fit them now, probably next weekend.

At least you now know they are a lenient MOT place! Lol

Decat next then to remove the infamous 197 flat spot! ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
We've bought some eibach prolines off Russ16v off here with the CS discount so just waiting to fit them now, probably next weekend.

At least you now know they are a lenient MOT place! Lol

Decat next then to remove the infamous 197 flat spot! :wink:

Ah fair dos.

And yeah! As if I've found such a lenient place so close to home lol.

The decat accentuates the flat spot :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
While adjusting my exhaust today, I got the idea of colour coding the diffuser to the stickers so I did a quick shop. Personally, I love it and have been looking into plastidip and anthracite vinyl (because I don't want it to be permanent) and I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks... Although I know how you all feel about the Anth pack on the 200s :blush:

4B5A0EB5-4174-4694-A149-A6463DF1DA72_zpsiakgmju3.jpg

I gave the back box a quick wipe too while I was there

0B573711-5DEF-45B3-B112-94785907A8FE_zpsiyqkvdre.jpg

And gave the tips a good seeing to

A0CC4514-E568-4EA5-A0EB-A5EBF0778AED_zpsdxcr0sbi.jpg

C29D8289-5E28-465C-8908-4E1EFA89AD43_zpsqfdrxmph.jpg

I'll be whacking up a diffuser removal guide soon too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheap exhausts (which it appears I have) and decals make it much worse, I have no idea why. Apparently now mappers can remove it. Decats used to make it tricky to map out.
Your exhaust says Akrapovic....

That's very not cheap!