ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick brake changing question.

When changing the brake discs and pads, I understand that the brake fluid reservoir cap needs to be taken off, So that the piston can be wound back with a G-clamp.

When brake discs and pads are on, I need to slowly pump the brake pedal to set the brake pads against the discs right?

What i need to know is do i need to have the brake reservoir cap on or off when doing pumping the pedal?

And im not going to bleed the brakes on the day. So will that be ok?

Cheers if anyone can help :)

Cheers mate. Just trying to get all the little details right.

Anyone know if meths will be alright to get the oily coating the brake discs came in off?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've used meths to degrease new brake discs in the past . As to bleeding your brakes . If they haven't been done for a while i'd bleed them whilst your changing the pads and discs just so you know you've done a thorough job , it's not essential but worth doing imo .

clio sport 172
hi just changed discs pads and abs rings on my 172 but have lost one of the spacers that sit on the spindle at the back of the disc anyone know what the part is called ???? cant find one to order one as i dont know the proper name for it cheers