ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting the boot in .......i Wish

Still no boot floor for my Clio (after the accident 8 weeks ago) and the insurers wants to take the hire car away sniff sniff :eek:(

Insurance of the bod that hit me now wants to give me £500 to go and buy a 2nd hand car to drive around while I wait for my car to be fixed, to save on hire cost. Once my car is repaired the car will be mine to sell. Have discussed with my insurer direct -line and they think its a good idea considering that Renault wont give a date for delivery of the part. It all sounds a bit dodgy to me especially since it would be my responsibility to insure it and also pay for repairs, and could quite easily end up costing me loads of cash.

As far as I know, they are not legally bound to provide me a hire car, and I dont believe I have the guaranteed hire car option with direct-line either, so in theory they could just tell me where to go take the hire car away and leave me nothing.

Renault UK still wont give a date for the part because the part isnt available. To quote Renault UK "There are no spares!" They are actually seeing if its possible to stop the production line and take a part from there. Its just going from bad to worse.

I suggested to Renault UK that they should pay for the hire car as its their fault that the car cant be repaired, but they were somewhat reluctant considering there was no guarantee that the part would be available.

I just phoned up the insurance bods to tell them the situation and the fact that im not happy and surprise surprise they have all fe3ked off home. Typical!

Its looking increasingly likely that my 2 month old (well it was when I last saw it) 182 will soon be written off

sigh

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was about to say - looks like its heading to write off trritory :( sad news mate.

Id hold out for a courtesy car. SUrely you are entitled to one REGARDLESS whilst your car is being repaired. THought that this was the case with almlost all Fully Comp policies...