ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pulling issues

172 ph2
hello
ok i have recently purchased myself a ph2 172 sport ive wanted one for a long time and finally went for it
problem being i got a bit of a lemon, to cut a long story short the guy who sold it to me didnt tell me that it had loads of advisorys from the mot station
so i got a car with a new mot but felt like it was going to pull itself apart at any time

so.. i got home and done the mot check online to find out what was wrong
... yer not good..

anotony k-tec

Date of test:
06/05/2011

Certificate issue refused (Fail)

Odometer reading:
83,816 Miles

Test number:
6889****1140

Test station name:
FORMULA ONE AUTOCENTRES LTD

Test station number:
1ALT19

Test station telephone number:
023****2233

Test class:
IV

########################

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate

Nearside Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.4a) ----- done

Offside Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.4a) ----- done

Offside Front constant velocity joint gaiter insecurely mounted to its housing (2.5.C.1a) ----- done

Nearside Rear Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1) ----- done

########################

Advisory Notice issued

Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d) +++++++ get it filled free

Rear mount Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated (7.1.1a) ----- done

Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2a) ----- done

Nearside Front Front suspension has slight play in a lower suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a) ----- done

Nearside Front leaking Shock absorber has a light misting of oil (2.7.3) ----- done

Offside Front Shock absorber has a light misting of oil (2.7.3) ----- done

Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1) ----- done

Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1) ----- done

Nail in offside rear tyre ----- done

Spare tyre defective ----- done

O/s/r brake disc deteriorated +++++ needs doing

N/s/f tyre, cut in tred ----- done

O/s/f slight brake bind ----- done

########################
so i cracked on a got the parts needed for the advisory work because in my eyes the car should have been failed on all that above
well the car handled bad with loads of knocking and pulling when i got it but after the work yer it was 110% better but i still get a problem
the car when travelling over over bumps the left side can pull around still or when accelerating and breaking hard
now as you can see ive replaced all above with brand new parts so does anyone have any ideas as its starting to annoy me now:mad:

thanks

Westy. MX5
I would say you need the alignment done as you have changed the ball joints. As for the knocks , narrow it down to the front or back of the car. If the rear knocks the usual suspect is the rear shocks or the front can be many things.
As for the other parts you renewed, well done for doing it yourself.

172 ph2
hi

yer i had the tracking done at ats with the laser tracking equipment after i completed all the work so thats spot on
it feels like it just wants to track the road its own way, so very annoying
the only things left to change would be the top mounts and track rod ends i think but would like to narrow it down

i only want it to stop pulling around :dead:

oh yes and all tyre pressures are equal

Westy. MX5
It's worth swapping the front wheels to the back and vice versa, and see if it drives straight then. Doesn't cost anything to find out.

172 ph2
i dont think im sure changing the wheels around will do anything, all tyres are balanced and brand new

if your driving along and have both hand on the steering wheel you can feel the wheels want to track the road hence the "pulling" it seems to have

i have also noticed if im turning right the ns wheel has a knock if there is a bump/dip in the road, i doubt its the ball joint as its new and have only heard it a couple of times

cheers