ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: BMW E21.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cool project! Love early BMW's.

I've been looking at E24 635's and E28 M5's/535 as a possible future purchase.

:eek:

I feel if whatever I do, pleases the guys on here, it will be a somewhat contrasting reaction over on BMWE21.net!

They're all quite, 'original' shall we say.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The word stance makes my face melt. It's just as bad as the word "YOLO" these days.

I think, however, it'll look good with a healthy drop and some nice wheels. STANCE INNIT BRO.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
This car has some serious potential. I really like it! If it was Black with some nice Split rims and low it would look brilliant :D

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Drop an E36 328i lump in it. Pick them up nice and cheap.I have no idea what that would entail but do it anyway.

316 is heavy bent.

Drop an E36 328i lump in it. Pick them up nice and cheap.I have no idea what that would entail but do it anyway.

316 is heavy bent.

Have you driven an M10 316? It's no lap record holder, but it's nippier than you might think, helped mainly by the lack of weight in the car of course.

Some (reasonably) simple mods see it with decent power. I would love an M52 in there, but it would give a similar BHP/Tonne as the E36 M3 and I'm not sure there's any real point.

Mental performance isn't what this car will be about, more of a lazy cruiser :)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It can still be a lazy cruiser, it's hardly a monster engine that you need to thrash.

Fair enough though if you are happy with it mate. Love the colour.

Yeah the colour is awesome, I can't wait to have that all resprayed up :D

Engine wise, we will see, it's pretty much last on my list of things to do.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome buy! Actually pretty jealous!

You keeping the clio too mate?

Nope, I'll be swapping over to a little Clio 1.2 on the 17th November.

It'll just be a little run around, with the BM being my "pride and joy" for want of a better phrase.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
was my first car!
a 318i with high compression and webers (put on by the previious owner) loved that thing to death....literally, the gearbox popped....me being a student at the time, I sold the engine and scrapped the car....

Yeah, engine wise, I'm between mild tuning or just going balls deep and dropping an M52 in it.

One costs a lot but is a lot more hero, the other is mild tuning.

2003 Clio dci 80
Ooh, lovely, I used to have an E21 316 too!! You can make the back step out, no problem, or mine would anyway. IIRC the tyres weren't that wide so could lose grip quite easily when you wanted it to :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Keep on looking at this, and now I'm searching the internet. b*****d :dapprove:

:eek:

To make things harder for you, here is my inspiration:

8141793975_a142671d9d_c.jpg

8141823958_5e2c5b9e2f_c.jpg

(Only less green)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
^FUUU

Needs orange indicators. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking mate? PM me if you wish :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Or, if fitting clears, at least make sure that you're stick silvervisions in too. No one likes the fried egg look.

Yeah, of course :)

Tbf, getting clears is a bit of a pain, I would need to get them from Germany.

Just waiting for a few weeks to sort out my exact budget before I get going proper :)