ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Posting From My MBP...

iPadS? iPadUSB2? iNowactuallycouldseemyselfbuyingaPad?

iPadTouch.

I've wanted one for a while, bu not without 4.2. But by the time 4.2 arrived, it's worth waiting for the new one. I probably won't want the new features as I don't care about cameras but it's much better to have new shiny things rather than old shiny things!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So.... I'm not very happy with my trackpad if I'm honest.

Rick click with two fingers only works about 20% of the time, scrolling with two fingers isn't great either.

Drives me nuts because if I try to right click something and open it in a new tab, I just end up opening it and having to go back etc.

Having just played with it a bit, basically two fingers etc only works on the bottom edge of the touchpad? Is this normal?

RS200

Rick click with two fingers only works about 20% of the time, scrolling with two fingers isn't great either.

Drives me nuts because if I try to right click something and open it in a new tab, I just end up opening it and having to go back etc.

Having just played with it a bit, basically two fingers etc only works on the bottom edge of the touchpad? Is this normal?

Sounds broken.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm going for user error. ;)

You know you don't have to push the pad down? Just tap. Did you turn that on?

The trackpad is one of the MBP's best features.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ive got tap to click on, honestly it really doesn't register my second finger if it's not along the bottom edge of the pad, anywhere near the middle or top and it's game over :-(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Revels, I feel the hate developing, and quite frankly I don't like it. Your beloved apple have sold me a dud.

Having heard that it should work everywhere on the pad, this one's definitely not right. Bottom half of the pad is the only place that registers gestures.

Are you sure you're tapping both fingers at exactly the same time? Shouldn't matter for scrolling but it won't work as a secondary click if both finger tips don't touch the pad at the same time.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I had problems like that at the start Rob, soon enough your fingers will work in harmony with it <3

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the lovely little video 'topher.

Mine seems to be a bit better than it was previously I'm not sure if it's just chance, but basically if I really try to right click up the top of the pad, I can, where as at the bottom of the pad it seems like the easiest thing ever.

Overall I'm not getting very used to it and rather like it.

I haven't yet needed to use the folder structure, (due to having nothing constructive to do it on, and because my pc is laptop will be alive until feb)

Clio 172
0% Finance over 10 months.

13 Inch 2.66 Ghz with a Apple Remote = £1,264 = £124.60 a month. I already had the cash for £800 of it, so I'm technically only having to pay out £450 or £45 a month. I've got it all going out a dedicated account so it doesn't interfere with my income and expenditure.

My mate owned a MacBook a while back and I've been asking him loads of questions on how to use it. I would say I'm pretty good with windows and I've used Linux in the past, so Mac which is basically based on the FreeBSD platform I should pick it up pretty quick.

197 FF Glacier White
Once you've had Mac you don't turn back. My G5 with iSight is reaching old age now but still as faultless and rapid as the day I bought it. I just wish I had the spare cash to replace it with one of the newer models, goal for next year I think.

As well as my Unibody MacBook, I'm running two G5's and they are both crisp and quick as ever, my father has my old G4 (Sunflower) iMac and it's still jogging along well too. I have a G3 iMac Snow in the garage that I use for manuals and google (it's got the airport card) and thats still clogging along too, although the DVD drive is fcuk'd now. Oh, and a 13" iBook, thats going strong too, the better half uses that daily for her relentless online shopping habit!

I've been a convert for about 10 years, won't go back. I have to use windows at work, it really hurts!

G

Last edited:
  197 FF Glacier White

Mine works ok, you'll get used to it, the track pad on these latest Macs is fantastic. You know you can set up the left and right of the track pad to left and right click don't you? Two fingers not needed then!

G