ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Port forwarding problem?

I can't believe i am actually posting a thread to do with networking, where my future career choice is in networking and i am currently doing a degree in it!

anywayyy..

I have a CCTV DVR with remote access. A plain standard Netgear DG834GT

DVR
IP: 192.168.0.66
Media Port:79
Web Port:81
Mobile Port:100

Router:
Services/Firewall, for ease of use
Media Port: 79 to 79 Allow Always, sent to 192.168.0.66. TCP/UDP
Web Port: 81 to 81 Allow Always, sent to 192.168.0.66. TCP/UDP
Mobile Port: 100 to 100 Allow Always, sent to 192.168.0.66. TCP/UDP

IP Access, i know my WAN ip, but i also have a dynamic dns service set up i've had for a while.

Local access to the DVR works fine using the local IP to connect, both on phone and through web browser. Try accessing through my external IP and it just doesn't find anything on both web browser and mobile. I've checked using a port check website and each port is open on the router.

I'm stuck!
Anyone any input?

Thanks.

Needs to be set up in NAT to forward to the IP, not a firewall rule, or is that what you have already done? Some routers are worded differently.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Open a dos prompt and do
Telnet
Open
127.0.0.1 79

(change 127.0.0.1 to your internet IP address) followed by the port number (in my example 79). Try for each port, does it connect on each or do you get a timeout? A connect may constitute just a black screen with a flashing cursor, as long as it doesn't say timeout after say 10 seconds it's likely connected.

Also check that it still holds the IP address 192.168.0.66 on your internal network, and that it hasn't changed to something else (for example if you are using DHCP), if possible configure it with a static address (sorry I know stating the obvious here, but sometimes it's the basics which get overlooked)!

Thankyou for the replys everyone it's appreciated.

The ports did appear to be open correctly along with the ip the same as it was set to static.

There was a stupid tick box about the firewall that I overlooked when setting the services up on the router. It's the stupid modified software I'd put on there that lets you play with loads of different things yet that one not so obvious.

It now works externally no problems connecting in through both my ip and dyndns (well obviously haha)

Cheers guys.