ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

* pic request * cup+ ktec carbon splitter

MKIII 138

hi all

anyone got a pic of a 172cup with the ktec carbon splitter on ??? ive just bought one (the splitter) and id like to know what its gonna look like.

thanks

MKIII 138

does it usually come with screws, how do you drill in and how do the screws fit ???

where do i get the screws/type/size cost.

im a complete novice and i dont want big holes in the bottom of my car.

BTW looks mint, is it actually carbon fiber ? or just mock carbon look.

Its real Carbon Fibre. Im a complete novice and had never doen anything to a car before apart from drive it, and I managed it so I wouldnt worry too much...

Self tapping screws come with it (or should, they forgot mine) or they can be bought from Focus/B&Q. Its pretty easy, just drill at least 6 holes in the splitter spread out evenly (I used a little hand drill), tape the splitter to the car with masking tape to get the positioning right, then start screwing stright into the bodywork. I think Renault only use 4 screws on the original splitter and they can fall off easily, so at least 6 should do the trick, cost about £1 I think.

You cant really mess up as where you screw it in to the bodywork isnt visible to the outside. Ive got a few work in progress pictures I will find out for you in a minute.

And sure Chris you can have the old splitter, I believe it lives on the central reservation of the M1 as it fell off whilst on the motorway!