ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

peppered paint - help needed!

R35 GTR

I dont know what is on my paintwork, I thought it was tar, so got Autoglym tar remover. I didnt get alot of this off, but using my fingernail, managed to pick it off. So I know its on the surface.

It looks like pepper, black on the surface and when removing is brown like treacle underneath.

Has anyone else had experience with this, I dont want to scrub too hard, and ruin the finish, but it does need a good scrub to remove properly.

Thanks in advance,

David.

R35 GTR

Is there anything stronger than autoglym, apart from industrial strength. Need something tough yet kind to the paint.

Yep that is tar albeit baked on tar, try using a polish to remove the heads of the tar spots before applying ag tar remover. ALternativly use a clay bar followed by ag tar remover.

R35 GTR

yep, read the other post, bought my clay from ebay five minutes ago. Thanks for the help though. I was told by a renault guy that it can come from the rear wiper. I do notice there is loads more tar below the rear wiper than anywhere else.

I have been given some t-cut which seems to be taking abit off. Then ill use clay when it turns up.

Cheers!

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

yeah i get a streak of crapo under my rear wiper too, what is it? lol

WD40 works atreat for getting rid of ta

r :)