ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC upgrade time

I'm currently running the following:

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe SKTA NVNorce2ST ATX 8xAGP Giga LAN, SATA, Firewire, 6 channel Audio, USB2 Dual chan. DDR +WiFi slot (up to DDR400)
Processor: AMD Athlon XP3000+ (Barton) 333FSB 512kb L2 Cache
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
Memory: Crucial CT6464Z40B 512MB 184-pin DIMM DDR PC3200 CL=3 Unbuffered Non-ECC DDR400
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD1200JD 120GB 7200RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache

I need a new hard drive (got about 90Gb of photos on my current one) so I figured whilst I'm at it I may as well spruce everything up, it's been a while.

Unfortunately I've completely lost track of what is what these days, but I quite fancy playing Test Drive when it comes out, what am I going to need? Graphics card mainly I guess, but I would also like to upgrade/replace the memory to at least 2Gb for photo applications too, could anyone cleverer than me point me in the direction of the exact stuff I need?

Focus ST-2
Mate wrong time to upgrade, all the new dx10 stuff will start shipping show, which will hopefully drop some price's of this gen stuff.

cheapest route is Athlon X2 AM2, best at the moment intel's conroe

graphics card, best single dx9 card 7950gx2,

or you could go for a cheap 7900gto which clocks to 7900gx speeds. more than capable of running all games right now.

or wait for the 8800 (£500). which as a single card is better than the 7950gx2(£340)

Although Production has stopped for the gx2, you could buy a EVGA one from overclockers and use the 90 day step up program to the 8800.