ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paying car insurance on a credit card?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Next month is D day on the renewal. I was wondering, if I pay by credit card, do insurance companies ask you to pay a surcharge for using Credit cards? I usually use a debit card.

Am thinking about getting a purchase reward card, paying annually like I usually do and paying the credit card off in full in the month, not spreading it. Just another way of trying to save money.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never had any problems, no extra charges, and anyway IMO anyone who doesn't use a CC is mad.

LY R26 #288
I thought it might have something to do with interest rates compared the the interest insurance companies charge for monthly payments?. My CC has quiet a high interest rate though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get a month untill any interest is charged on anything you buy on your CC card, so just pay it off every month.

CC has extra protection etc etc.

BMW M135i
I change the 0% card i'm using every year just before my insurance renewal, then usually you get a year at 0% to pay it off if you want to leave it a year. Plus you can't beat a bit of 0%, then just bin it after the introductory period.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Always paid on a credit card, and paid off in 2/3 months.

Never paid a surcharge for using it, but some do. Wouldn't dream of paying insurance via dd, every time i've been offered it the interest has been ridiculous.