ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Payday today = Detailing stuff (help needed)

TrackCar & F30 330d
It was payday today, so as the whole family is into our cars thought i'd buy a load of detailing stuff. I'v read loads of stuff from Detailingworld and think i'm gona buy the stuff below.

I4D HD Snow Foam Lance 1L
I4D Snow Foam - 5 Litre
CLAY BAR?
Duragloss #902 Car Wash Concentrate
Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 5L
I4D Ultra Plush Microfibre 16"x26" Triple Pack
I4D Uber Premium Drying Towel
3M Masking Tape 3434 Blue
Meguiar's G220 'Sonus SFX' Kit (when it come in Stock)

The things i need a bit of help in, is deciding what's the best:-
clay bar and lube?
Detailing spray?
And which extra pads might i need, if any at all.

Also how many cars will the Sonus SFX polishes last? We have a 5 car house hold (6 including the GF's car).

Thanks

Chris

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
It was payday today, so as the whole family is into our cars thought i'd buy a load of detailing stuff. I'v read loads of stuff from Detailingworld and think i'm gona buy the stuff below.

I4D HD Snow Foam Lance 1L
I4D Snow Foam - 5 Litre
CLAY BAR?
Duragloss #902 Car Wash Concentrate
Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 5L
I4D Ultra Plush Microfibre 16"x26" Triple Pack
I4D Uber Premium Drying Towel
3M Masking Tape 3434 Blue
Meguiar's G220 'Sonus SFX' Kit (when it come in Stock)

The things i need a bit of help in, is deciding what's the best:-
clay bar and lube?
Detailing spray?
And which extra pads might i need, if any at all.

Also how many cars will the Sonus SFX polishes last? We have a 5 car house hold (6 including the GF's car).

Thanks

Chris

You don't need to do a full paint correction on cars every week, so once with the correct washing + protecion process should last you 3 years or more EASY!

Pads should last quite some time if you wash the product and spin dry on the G220.

The clay depends on how dirty the cars are or get, megs LT is a good clay lube. LT = Last Touch.

Detailing Spray there's alot of choice, but from hearing reviews of late Optimum quik detailer and gloss enhancer.

http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=221 << optimum.

TrackCar & F30 330d
So the pads that the G220 comes with should be fine :)

Well my 182 isnt too bad but my old mans Focus is shocking. So i'l go for the Meguiar's D155 Last Touch - 3.78 lube and Meguiar's Mild Overspray Clay.

I'm getting it all from I4Detailing :)

So after i have done the detailing process and the car gets dirty then i an just wash it with the Duragloss and the waxes and stuff will stay on there? And i can use the Megs detailing spray to get any little marks off if there are any?

Porsche Boxster987S
there is a lot of detailing on this forum now:eek:

pads wise - if you are looking to differnet cars youll need a nice variety of pads as every car is different whether it be paint depth or just generally how bad the condition of swirls/marring/holograms are. You should be fine with a cutting/buffing/and polishing pad to begin with.

However id say choice of polish is much more important. There is no ''best'' polish to use and everyone is different and have their own opinions on what works for them.

Detailingworld is a complicated place for a newbie but its amazing what you can learn from that by reading/attending meets - example days and speaking to the pros.

Yes when the car is done its a matter of mainting and topping up the wax layers. Remember that every time you clay , youre removing EVERYTHING including polish and wax

So the pads that the G220 comes with should be fine :)

Well my 182 isnt too bad but my old mans Focus is shocking. So i'l go for the Meguiar's D155 Last Touch - 3.78 lube and Meguiar's Mild Overspray Clay.

I'm getting it all from I4Detailing :)

So after i have done the detailing process and the car gets dirty then i an just wash it with the Duragloss and the waxes and stuff will stay on there? And i can use the Megs detailing spray to get any little marks off if there are any?

snow foam lance and snow foam.

This helps as a pre-wash for the car to soften the top layer of dirt then rinse, then you can either snow foam and use your 2bm method at the same time or just use your 2bm method after you rinsed off the foam.

Basically yes, but you will probably need to top up the wax after a certain period.

there is a lot of detailing on this forum now:eek:

pads wise - if you are looking to differnet cars youll need a nice variety of pads as every car is different whether it be paint depth or just generally how bad the condition of swirls/marring/holograms are. You should be fine with a cutting/buffing/and polishing pad to begin with.

However id say choice of polish is much more important. There is no ''best'' polish to use and everyone is different and have their own opinions on what works for them.

Detailingworld is a complicated place for a newbie but its amazing what you can learn from that by reading/attending meets - example days and speaking to the pros.

Yes when the car is done its a matter of mainting and topping up the wax layers. Remember that every time you clay , youre removing EVERYTHING including polish and wax

Thanks for that, i was just busy with a friend sorting out servers lol!

This man speakth sense. :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have AG SRP, and then AG EGP and P222 as the Wax.

Also i have recently, washed, polished, sealed and waxed (poorboys Wheel sealer) my wheels. If i use the Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner will it pull off the waxes?

I have AG SRP, and then AG EGP and P222 as the Wax.

Also i have recently, washed, polished, sealed and waxed (poorboys Wheel sealer) my wheels. If i use the Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner will it pull off the waxes?

You wont need to use AG srp cos it's a filler polish and fills the swirl marks.

Bilberry is acid free but last's longer when diluted.

EGP and P222 should be good, alot of people on here use EGP.

You'll find people suggesting collinite 476 wax as it's more durable and gives tight uniform beads.

Bumder With A Buffer
MMMMMM Beads :)

EGP and wax on wheels seems to do the job... the only reason SRP is added is coz EGP wont bond??

MMMMMM Beads :)

EGP and wax on wheels seems to do the job... the only reason SRP is added is coz EGP wont bond??

depends if you prime the paint with summat like dodo juice lime prime, you shouldn't really need to use SRP if you've just machine polished the car.

:)