ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger door won't lock with Central Locking (Pictures)

Hi,

I noticed the other day that when I lock my car with the key, the Passenger Door doesn't lock, but the Drivers Door and Boot do.

I took the Doorcard off this morning and WD40'd the locking mechanism but it still doesn't want to work :(

I took the doorcard off the Driver side to see for sure which bit "controls" the Central Locking and its this White Box..

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

There is a plug that plugs into that white box with a White wire and Purple wire that you can see in the 2nd and 3rd picture.. I've taken it off and had a look and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it..

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do next to fix the problem? I can't even see how you'd get that White Box out to replace it!

Thanks,
Dan.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Replace the whole electrical locking unit, it's what I did.

Takes 10 minutes from the point you're at and it solves the issue.

Some have said lube-ing up the mech made all the difference, but mine didn't.

Got a new mech from someone off of here for £15 and my problem was solved.

There's a guide in the guides section that will help, I'll have a look for it in a minute.

Mainly you just remove that white plastic thing, it's just protection, (the bolts are on the opening face of the door itself).

You need to clip the metal rod out of it, and you're away.

Here's what you need:

d6b97414.jpg

The two little bolts remove the white plastic thing, the large three torx heads get the actual locking mech off.

Each mech contains the cable that unlocks the door and the rod iirc, you just have to re-attach the rod to the exterior door handle.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, removed the door lock unit and took it apart, found the terminals for the motor had corroded, cleaned up with autosol and IPA and put it back together, been sweet as a nut ever since. Mind you getting to the motor behind the plastics IS fiddly

Not that helpful but this was my thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?548753-Door-Lock-Problem-(&highlight=

Thanks for your reply, I shall have to try this before getting a new unit!

There's a guide in the guides section that will help, I'll have a look for it in a minute.

Mainly you just remove that white plastic thing, it's just protection, (the bolts are on the opening face of the door itself).

Here's what you need:

The two little bolts remove the white plastic thing, the large three torx heads get the actual locking mech off.

Each mech contains the cable that unlocks the door and the rod iirc, you just have to re-attach the rod to the exterior door handle.

Thanks for your reply mate! I didn't even think about those bolts on the opening face of the door :( At least I know its easily fixable, will just be annoying and fiddly! I will make a thread in the Wanted section bit to see if anyone has one :) Thanks again mate :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not an issue, there's normally loads of these around and they're not costly.

Try "Budgie", he may have one.

It's not even that fiddly to change. If you get stuck, don't be afraid to give me a shout.

FormulaFord Ecoboost
I had the same problem when I replaced the exterior door handle on my car. Even when I locked the door using the remote key it would still allow the door to be opened.

Solution (for me): remove the door card again and check the upright metal bar that connects just to the left of the door handle (on the inside), mine was too low (or high, I can't remember. I unclipped it (easy, just push it away from you then to the left) and re attached it againat a different height. Checked it again and it worked correctly.

Renault clio

Here's what you need:

d6b97414.jpg

does anyone know where i can get the white box from for the door to work