ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

outside air temp sensor

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
over the last few days the outside air temperature sensor thinks summer has come early at present its about minus 2 outside and the dash reading is 17degrees anybody else had this problem and how do you fix it

jonnie7 said:
over the last few days the outside air temperature sensor thinks summer has come early at present its about minus 2 outside and the dash reading is 17degrees anybody else had this problem and how do you fix it

sorry mate , nope mine says minus 2 and lower .....try technical?:(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
right, firstly it cud be the sensor at fault.

But first off start with the wiring.

Passanger side wing mirror, from inside pull off the trim panel to gain access to wiring, check the connector block for any water ingress.

If so dry out completely.
Try un-plugging connector and re-connecting just in case its loose.

Other than that, i cant think of anything but the sensor itself?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i just unpluged my sensor which makes the temp display go but radio and time remain. are there any adverse effects to leaving the connector unplugged?

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well mine read 52deg so think urself lucky! lol...Has how do take the sensor off?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^

Its either by removing the back-plate of the mirror and you will see the internals.

Or by popping out the mirror. I forget at my old age ;) lol

Ill double check for you tho, unless anyone can remember

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol mine normaly reads 52 degrees, but has since lowered 2 23 in this cold weather

No more clio's for me!
Just had mine replaced, because it completely packed up, it cost...........

Drum role please.........

116.97 from my local renualt dealer!!!!

B*STARDS!!!