ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook Data File help

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Hello people,

I have trouble with an Outlook data file, We use MS Exchange 2007 and the user's mailbox needed to be deleted.

So i took a backup of their .ost file. And now I need to convert the .ost file into a .pst.

I've looked on Google for a .ost > .pst converter but they are either aimed at Outlook 2000 .ost files (i need it in Outlook 2003 format) or you have to pay something ridiculous like $200 for the tool.

Now my question is does anyone know of a free converter or a way round the problem?

I've tried to trick Outlook into creating a new .ost file and then tried to swap them, but it said "This file cannot be accessed as it has been configured for use with a different mailbox" :(

In hind sight i realise i should have exported the users mailbox settings to a .pst, but i thought at the time a backup of the .ost would have been sufficient.

So yeah, any help is appreciated :)

E39 530i
ExMerge?! not sure if it can do .ost files. Should be hiding in one of the bin folders on the exchange server (ExMerge that is)

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I've sorted it now, I had managed to access the users old local profile on the machine then exported the mailbox to a fresh .pst.

I've never heard of Exmerge, i'll have a look at that as it sounds useful.

Cheers