ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X Yosemite

133/225/CLS AMG
Updated my iMac last night, took a bit longer to download the my laptop but I did that later in the evening so was only 10 minutes to download.

Haven't tested the new OS fully but not sure I'm sold on the Fisher Price icons!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Seems to work on my 2010 imac. My icons did go blurry when I updated but a restart sorted it out, apparently it's a non retina issue. How do I set to the calling feature

I did have to take my contact lenses out just to check....

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Updated my iMac last night, took a bit longer to download the my laptop but I did that later in the evening so was only 10 minutes to download.

Haven't tested the new OS fully but not sure I'm sold on the Fisher Price icons!

Me neither, icons were perfect as they were.

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah I thought they looked pretty classy, admittedly they look clean and neat. Only thing is I'm assuming they've tried to bring it in line with iOS8 but the icons aren't the same shapes so it kinda doesn't work for me! lol

Cayman S Edition 1
Had a bug this morning where I answered a call on my iPhone but the laptop continued to ring the whole time (wasn't showing the call as answered). Very annoying!

133/225/CLS AMG
Had something similar on my iPad that it kept ringing once I'd answered a call on my iPhone. I put it down to the iPad being a bit slow.

Either way, I turned all that sh!t off. I want my iPhone for phone calls!!! lol

Last thing I want to do is accidentally answer a phone call whilst browsing gentleman's art movies!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Had a bug this morning where I answered a call on my iPhone but the laptop continued to ring the whole time (wasn't showing the call as answered). Very annoying!
I had the same this morning.

Need to find where to turn it off now, as it's not a feature I'll be using.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've been reading that handoff doesn't work for anything older than a 2012 as you need bluetooth 4 or something.

unless handoff and simply ringing are two different things?

edit just checked, handoff definitely doesn't work, you need a 2012 machine to support, the phone ringing thing will, but then i personally wouldn't use my laptop for calls, i have the same feature on my work laptop using jabber and its a PITA IMO, always turn the feature off. It was handoff i wanted. :(

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Installed last night on a new SSD into my early 2011 MBP, on the whole I like it and is running nicely with an SS now.
Only gripe so far coming from Snow Leopard is the gesture changes (understand these may have been done at any time after SL not just in Yosemite!). Show desktop needing the thumb and three fingers is so annoying and just doesn't feel natural which is pissing me off.

ST1050, 320d
Why is mine taking so long to download? Never taken me more than an hour to download previous OSX updates. It's around the 10 hour mark!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Since installing Yosemite, I've started having a minor bug; whenever I detach my monitor from my MacBook, it makes all the MacBook screen slightly blurry in Chrome, until I close Chrome and open it again, all the text is off.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Since installing Yosemite, I've started having a minor bug; whenever I detach my monitor from my MacBook, it makes all the MacBook screen slightly blurry in Chrome, until I close Chrome and open it again, all the text is off.

Don't use Chrome, it's not 64bit and eats battery

Cayman S Edition 1
You have to pay for version 10:(

Apparently version 9 doesn't work with Yosemite. Sounds like a licence to print money IMO.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You have to pay for version 10:(

Apparently version 9 doesn't work with Yosemite. Sounds like a licence to print money IMO.

That's ridiculous. It's still OS X it's more a service pack than a new OS. Still XP programs still work on 7. So there is no reason Mac OS programs shouldn't follow the same principle.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
It was the same for VMWare Fusion, paid upgrade to latest version required.

Cayman S Edition 1
Found two bugs so far in Yosemite.
1. Time Machine seems to be doing backups in increments of around 5-7mb (does like 10 in a row continuously)
2. When trying to save from photoshop to my Synology NAS, it doesn't appear in the save window. As a work around I've had to add the folder to the favourites in Finder.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Anyone else experiencing slow startup now? My late 2009 MacBook seems to be taking an age to boot since I upgraded! :(

FF Clio 182
I run file vault and besides the obvious extra time needed to decrypt the drive, I wouldn't say startup was slower

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Does anyone know if the Yosemite update addresses the crashes that Mavericks instigated during sleep mode.
When I close the lid or 'sleep' after an hour or so the Apple logo flashes and the computer restarts. Then you get the system has recovered from an error message.
I never had this on Mountain Lion on my mid 2012 Air