ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X Yosemite

Tesla MP3 2021
It's out today as a free update incase anyone didn't know.... I kind of like it :)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Me and the Mrs both updated ours today and both machines shat out brown static dust. Anyone else had this? Very odd indeed.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Me and the Mrs both updated ours today and both machines shat out brown static dust. Anyone else had this? Very odd indeed.

I noticed towards the end of the install on my MBP that the fan is run up to full power for a quick burst, probably just part of initialising something. If you never normally push the system enough for the fan to run at high speed then I guess this could blast out a load of crud thats built up in the vents.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed towards the end of the install on my MBP that the fan is run up to full power for a quick burst, probably just part of initialising something. If you never normally push the system enough for the fan to run at high speed then I guess this could blast out a load of crud thats built up in the vents.

Yeah that makes sense. Other than the odd p**n evening when the Mrs is out its pretty much in limp mode with basic usage.

Love the feel of the update though.

S4 Avant
I'm liking Yosemite. Never really noticed how tired Mavericks felt till about an hour ago.

Seems much smoother to use, less stuttering between switching desktops/mission control.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Like it on the most part, but Safari is annoying, I work with about 30+ tabs open, and I used to have the button top right to have the tabs I could see listed downwards, now it's all squeezed on the one line and I can't work with the same number of tabs.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I don't like change but my phone now rings through my mbp which is pretty cool.

From Monday, when iOS 8.1 is released, you'll be able to use your MBP to create/reply/receive SMS as well as iMessages.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just downloading it now onto the MBP - although my slow internet means it won't be ready to download for about 2 weeks. :confused:

FF Clio 182
Had a couple issues on first install but once all updates were completed it is fine. Nice and clean OS, like the feature of being able to share screen in iMessage.

I still feel that iCloud is broken but 8.1 might finally make it work lol

Stunning operating system. I've been using it with my Mac mini home theatre since the first developer preview, and briefly with my Macbook Pro, on a separate partition. But, obvious final verdict is that it looks and performs fabulously. Upgrade was seamless. So far, no bugs or issues with any of my apps. Free. Brilliant.

EDIT: Not strictly true that there were no issues with apps. Prior to installing Yosemite, I had to upgrade to (buy) VMWare Fusion 7 Pro for running Windows in my business environment. But I already knew about that.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, I've upgraded to parallels 10 as well.

God, I remember installing 10.0 and all the stripy goodness...then it getting toned down in every single release since then.

Yosemite sure does look Perdy. And its Unix.

FF Clio 182
I run Fusion and have seen no issues at all. Had to update a couple apps but nothing I would not have expected

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I have a big cross through fusion on my app bar which I'm assuming means it's not supported with Yosemite, which is annoying as I didn't want to pay to upgrade it to the latest version due to only using it occasionally.

I seem to be getting a lot of swirling lollipops.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
It's a lovely looking OS and in glad I upgraded my Ram the other week or my mid '09 MBP might've struggled a bit. Been slow to open apps first time but responds better now. Love Dark Mode too!

FF Clio 182
I have a big cross through fusion on my app bar which I'm assuming means it's not supported with Yosemite, which is annoying as I didn't want to pay to upgrade it to the latest version due to only using it occasionally.

I seem to be getting a lot of swirling lollipops.

What version are you running ? I have Fusion 6 and that works ....

FF Clio 182
It can be used in low light condition (Or in the dark) so it is less straining on the eyes. Yes you can turn the brightness down but it isn't always enough.

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 12.43.41.png

dk

911 GTS Cab
Will try that, also just found out y can scroll through tabs using the trackpad now with the new tab layout.

dk

911 GTS Cab
just checked and it seems I'm oldskool, I'm running 4.1...........

can't upgrade it, need to repurchase it, worked fine up until now, oh well.

its actually a bit cheeky how much they charge for updates considering the cost of the product.

£50 new, £37.50 for an update, bit of a ripoff, which is why ive not upgrade, to 5, then 6, then 7 when I've not needed to because I'm such a casual user.

FF Clio 182
I only use it for my windows 7 virtual machine, I only run Dialogy so never to bothered about updating it just seems to automatically do it. You could always download it off the internet for free [emoji6]

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's not that much to pay once a year or so. Especially if you're a professional and need it to make a living.
Oh yeah, if you need it for work then it's cheap, but for my purposes it's kind of a waste. It was more for when I first bought my Mac and had compatibility issues with some software I used, but I'm pretty much all apple now (apart from My work laptop) so I have less and less need for it.

If macs had serial ports I could use it for work too and then use fusion, but alas, they don't. (And no, I don't want to use a usb serial converter, tried many of them and none of them are reliable, physical port can't be beaten)

FF Clio 182
Oh yeah, if you need it for work then it's cheap, but for my purposes it's kind of a waste. It was more for when I first bought my Mac and had compatibility issues with some software I used, but I'm pretty much all apple now (apart from My work laptop) so I have less and less need for it.

If macs had serial ports I could use it for work too and then use fusion, but alas, they don't. (And no, I don't want to use a usb serial converter, tried many of them and none of them are reliable, physical port can't be beaten)

Have you ever considered using Wine for Window .exe programs ?

FF Clio 182
It was initially part of Linux for running Windows programs. Available to download of the net. Converts .exe installer files into .app files

Last edited:
Reactions: dk

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded this today as thought I should probably finally update from Snow Leopard (I like it and I don't like change :wink: ) on my MacBook Pro.

Was about to hit the go button when thought good time to finally get an ssd in the machine, that'll be here Tuesday so will do a fresh install on that :smile:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Downloaded late last night, not had a chance to look through it fully yet, but I'm not 100% on the "flat" look. I'm sure I'll adjust however.

It does seem quick though, very fluid.

133/225/CLS AMG
Downloaded and installed it last night on my Macbook, not had a chance to test it yet though, only briefly saw the different looking dock. Will do the same on my iMac tonight and have a proper play about with it.

Been trying to download - but it's been saying 'Waiting' under purchases in the App Store for about a million years. Which is nice.