ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on 1.2 16v clio

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
45mpg across a full tank isnt that great though for something so slow! makes it tiring and horrible to drive!

get a good dci65 for 2k, higher miler for £1500-£2k, may be no faster than the 1.2 but is effortless to drive due to the torque and will do 65mpg over a tank without much trying!

Ibiza FR Edition
45mpg across a full tank isnt that great though for something so slow! makes it tiring and horrible to drive!

get a good dci65 for 2k, higher miler for £1500-£2k, may be no faster than the 1.2 but is effortless to drive due to the torque and will do 65mpg over a tank without much trying!
That was a worst case scenario, most of the time it was 50+, I don't doubt the diesel is far nicer to drive day to day though. I think you just have to balance the additional cost over any savings on fuel... as the petrols will be so cheap now, the relative difference is quite large!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what i mean is how terrible it is to drive a 1.2 to be achieving that 50mpg, i used to average about 35 in mine if i was lucky as it was that painfully slow to drive, and i had never driven anything quicker at the time! jumped into my dci65 and used to get an easy 60-65mpg every week just cruising about.

some people dont mind how the car is to drive, im just giving my opinion, if you care about a bit of refinement then give me the diesel any day! (ive had 3 DCI clios and 1 non RS petrol)