ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak!......

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Hi Chaps!

My first post so go easy on me!

Ok, I am a total newbie when it comes to cars. I purchased a clio 1.2 16v 51 plate 6 weks ago and now its developed an oil leak!

I noticed it the other day, and took a peek under the bonnet, its all over the place.

It was on the bonnet hood, on the engine cover. too many places to mention(I dont know most of it) so I cleaned it all down.

Took her for a spin today and had another look, its all over again!......

I phoned the garage and they said to call back tomorrow as its easter monday and the mechanics are off........

where is the leak coming from guys???????????

I have checked the dipsticks it even in the top of the stick.........

thanks in advance

adam

:(

ph1 172...a red one
Hi Adam, welcome to CS! I'll start off by stating the obvious...

You've not put any oil in ur motor since you got it have you?? ie is the oil cap screwed on properly, not cross threaded, might be worth taking it off and having a look at the threads??

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Hi, thanks for your reply!

I have inspected the oil cap and dipstick, both are secure.

what other possibilities could it be?

Renault clio 1.2 16v
OK, took it to my local garage, the mechanic said they need to clean the engine as it was covered in oil. Cost me 30 quid....

Ok engine cleaned he said he gives it a spin round the block, no fault found........

I take it home, about 8 miles, inspect it oil all over again!!!!!!
I took it back and pointed the leak to him, he said looks like the rocker has gone..........

Worst case scenario head gasket.......

I feel my bank balance is about too loose weight..............

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mate, that's ridiculous. It has to be covered. The car's faulty. They have sold you something that is not working properly.

Cheers, Rob669

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Thanks for the replies really appreciated, but I got it fixed......yipeeeeeee

Cost me 30 quid for engine clean and 105 to fix the problem, not bad I suppose......

Oh I forgot, it was the rocker.........