ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I didn't, too low and wheels stuck under the arches too far ;) but its going back on 15's soon, the cup rims are just for it to sit on in the meantime!

oh, also done the fresh plates thing too with the smaller front one :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
all the parts I have chap have been sourced second hand through the classifieds on here :)

S4 Avant
All it failed on was the headlight level sensor, and a rear suspension arm! I'm getting them to sort the abs though since its been pissing me off!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
only those, bill of 8 grand thought still ;)
i'm away all weekend mate anyway and no real rush is there, not like the beans going to see daylight anytime soon with the german barge sapping all the cash ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
some more bits showed up,

got hold of some genuine speedline Williams wheels with caps and some spare bullets

got the lot painted in BMW Sparkling Graphie Grey Metallic

got to leave them for a week to cure fully as they are literally out of the oven atm, tyres will be 195/50 R15 Michelin PE2's that I have sat on stock in the shed :)

also bought some polarised bolts to fit with them :)

cheers

Ben

DSC_4137_zps323b5a58.jpg

DSC_4138_zps86544d75.jpg

340i
Love those Williams wheels, didnt you buy a set like that from me a few years ago ;)

Who did the paint for you?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
hoping they may out do UYN on the anthracite turinis Luke mate, although with less lows it may not quite work.....

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
had to fettle about with the exhaust to get it to stop banging, and its still not perfect.

i'm determined to keep it sticking out slightly on the bumper though, I cant stand the flush fit look.

so far I have adjusted the rear mounts back as far as they will go and checked clearance over the rear beam and that all seems well so I think the centre section is knocking somewhere. the exhaust sits so far back from standard fit that the hangar on the centre section doesn't reach the rubber so its not hanging on anything = not ideal.

the clamps I've used are all a bit old and creaky as well so I think i'll remove the centre section again, weld a longer hanger on it and get some new clamps to refit. :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
usual 195/50 R15 fit I always use chap, a bit chunky for some but I'm not a 45 profile fan on 15" wheels, look like ribbons imo. its possible the spacers are a bit much with the et37 wheels rather than stock et43

I may have to put the car back on coilovers however to get it sat right

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right, bit more progress today

bought some new clamps for the janspeed and fettled with the rear mounts again. its still banging on something at the rear when I reverse but otherwise I think I've cracked it

bit more tinkering and I may be able to keep the fit on the rear bumper without any issues but its not quite there yet!

then set about with a quick wash and an iron x in prep for some polish and wax action later this week if the weather holds :)

some better shots of how its sitting on the willy wheels and snap of the tpi bolts too :)

anyway, pics!

clamps:

IMG_6745_zps535f69fc.jpg

exhaust fit to the bumper, can just read the janspeed branding :)

IMG_6756_zps7db79170.jpg

IMG_6757_zps8a241155.jpg

iron x action

IMG_6749_zpseabadce1.jpg

tpi bolts against the new wheels

IMG_6758_zpsfbf60022.jpg

and clean car

IMG_6752_zps017dc4ef.jpg

IMG_6751_zps893b7526.jpg

IMG_6755_zps5022bbce.jpg

IMG_6762_zps415e2385.jpg