ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nws restriction on iPhone

Looking at sebs underwear thread this morning,clicked on a link posted by revels in page 5. It returned a screen that tells me to contact o2on 61018 to verify I am over 18 ? Phoned it and they are unable to determine what phone I have so I need to go into an o2 shop with proof of age and they can sort the settings. WTF ?

BMW 330D
Probably a content filter that needs removing.
I had to have this removed on my iphone as it blocked the stupidest things tbh. Im on vodafone btw.

You have to be 18 to get a contract anyway.

But that link works on my iPhone. And I have a PAYG sim, so by rights could belong to any age.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You have to be 18 to get a contract anyway.

But that link works on my iPhone. And I have a PAYG sim, so by rights could belong to any age.

I'm 17 and got my contract when I was 16, I just needed my mum's signature on there as well or something. Can't quite remember.

Anyhoo, It wouldn't be a company trying to scam you would it? Check your next bill for a large cost on that call. Although the number + the fact they asked you to a store doesn't add up! :S

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The money comes out of my account though, I really don't know how it works. :/ I shouldn't be trusted with money.

Just out of interest, why would O2 block things anyway? I mean is it beneficial to them in some way?

Yeah, your mum us guarantor. Same with a mortgage, credit card or phone. If you don't pay, it's not you they come after.

Not really sure. I'm going to guess it's phone related..

Justin, if you go Settings > Safari.. Is everything on?

Well it's not in your name then is it.

Settings > General > Restrictions

Make sure nothing is ticked.

Nothing ticked.

Yeah, your mum us guarantor. Same with a mortgage, credit card or phone. If you don't pay, it's not you they come after.

Not really sure. I'm going to guess it's phone related..

Justin, if you go Settings > Safari.. Is everything on?

Except for the block pop ups which is now on dude.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Press both buttons down, the screen will flash and a capture will be in your pictures.

11045_358872045225_561895225_10133996_5074116_n.jpg

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
You used to have to pay £2 on a credit card to Vodafone (Which they refunded) to prove your age. Couldn't even get on Sickipedia.

They removed it the other month though

Tried, unable to determine what settings your phone currently has, you need to go into an o2 store with proof of age etc.

Pug 205 gti
i have that on my phone but im on orange, some sites i cant go into coz of the restriction. says iv gotta put credit card details in, never bothered though

How would I connect to cloud mate , don't have an iPhone contract so only have a 3g web bolt on

DCi
i've just gone on to the ipod bit for the first time and it has shown my genius mix's... i scrolled along to see what i got and i saw 's**t mix' lol wtf :D

Legally they have to put a content filter on. Even though you are over 18 someone who is under 18 may well use the phone. Go into an O2 shop and they will sort it for you

dk

911 GTS Cab
Legally they have to put a content filter on. Even though you are over 18 someone who is under 18 may well use the phone. Go into an O2 shop and they will sort it for you
no they don't, theres not one on mine.

Clio
I got this for the first time yesterday, however it just said it 18plus and had to click accept.