ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non standard/factory fitted

LY R26 #288
I'm trying to get the best price with my insurance company but without leaving any details out that might give them an oppertunity to refuse a payout if the worst happened.

I have a FF 182 with cup packs. Now I've just rung them up to declare my new exhaust which is fine, but they keep asking me if the car as any non standard parts that are upgraded from the factory? or shall I say factory fitted extras.

So do I declare the cup stuff? suspension, alloys etc. or not?

Can anyone tell me what I should declare and what I shouldnt?

It's up to you.

Personally, I just decalared mine as a RenaultSport Clio 182... and made sure to tell them it wasn't the cup model.

The cup packs will be declared as modifications on your policy so its up to you really, I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle of explaining the cup packs every year.
The cup packs don't really add anything to the resale value of your car, so I wouldn't bother.

With the Audi on the other hand, I've insured all the factory options as they add a fair bit of value to the cars resale price.

LY R26 #288
Ahh Thanks mate, Also does adding your mum/dad on your policy as named drivers bring the price down?.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I found adding women brings it down more, so added my mum and auntie. My auntie will never drive the car, but who cares. Admiral actually told me to do it.

Ive got my dad and sister-in-law as named drivers which bought it down a bit. I will be driving it 99.999999% of the time though, apart from the odd occasion when my dad needs to move it off the drive etc.

To the OP: I personally wouldnt bother declaring those, as like someone has already said, they dont add much value to the car and will end up costing you alot more on the premium. I cant see how they would refuse to payout if the unfortunate did happen.

I wouldn't bother. Going from experience, I had a Leon FR with the K1 body kit that was fitted from new. Unfortunatley a BMW lost control and cause a fair bit of damage to my car.
The parts were replaced no hassle, and the right parts were sent out the first time :) . Folk over on SCN preach about declaring the kit etc :approve:

e92 330i
I used to work for an insurance company, although they all differ, majority mate if it came out the factory with it, its not a modification.

Now Sold :-(
My cup packs and Recaros are declared on insurance but add no extra on the premium. When I questioned if they were counted as modifications was told that as long as they were factory fitted options they were covered. I must admit that I do feel better having them listed on the policy to avoid any issues should the worse happen.