ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No 172`s near midlands

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Hi most 172s are either way up North or way down South, why is this????

Also prices seem all over the shop 02s advertised for more than 03/53s ???????

Why is red so scarce??

Any usual tips on buying one, much appreciated by newbie.

What will i get for up to 8K.

Chers Steve

VaVa

You should get an 03 or at a push a 53 for 8k imho. Although Ive seen people trying to sell 02 plates for like 7,800. lol.

Be careful as imports tend to sell for about £1000 less than UK cars, which may explain why touve seen 02 plates up for more tan 03s. It doesnt make much difference, other than the fact they paid less for it.

You can have my UK 53 plate for 8,500..;)

Black Gold 182

there are always ones for sale in the midlands. theres a few on ebay at the moment!

i have been looking for one for 2 months now ....i love in norfolk and there are no decent ones for sale around my way.

A well built VW

Plenty of 172 for sale in the "Cars for Sale" section always worth travelling to get a good one but i cant think for a minute there are none in the midlands

172 Cup

I went on a 9 hour round trip to the depths of the scottish highlands for my 172 cup. Seemed worth it as it was only £6250, 2 and a half years old with frsh and 34k on the clock.

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 13 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by g40steve on 13 August 2005

Why is red so scarce??
Because no-one bought it because its minging :p

Oi , cut it out you , RED is the fastest colour why do you think the new trophy is red Red is Best and you knows it......

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 13 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 13 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by g40steve on 13 August 2005

Why is red so scarce??
Because no-one bought it because its minging :p

Oi , cut it out you , RED is the fastest colour why do you think the new trophy is red Red is Best and you knows it......
At least the Trophy is actually red not pink though! and even thats not great! :devilish:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Right i dont need a CUP unless its got aircon??

Saw a black one and it looked like a dynamic, so its either blue, red or silver, in reverse order.

Most on ebay are CUPS, nice cars no AC.

Want one as late as poss for warranty, reading posts lots of little/expensive niggles.

Dont mind a few tasteful mods, but would prefere unmolested.

What do you think????

Steve.

As of yet only one response to ad in wanted section, it was a mint CUP.

Thought everyone was upgrading to TROPHY,

Im willing to pay more than a trader, trade prices on 172 are through the floor at present .

WHY??????

VaVa

For the same reason the 182 prices are doing the same. Theyve essentially been superceded, the 172 by the 182 and the 182/Cup by the trophy. They are no longer the latest model, thus are less in demand thus cost less.

Things areent helped by the fact there are quite a lot about that were bought at huge discounts.

Things will get worse when the new Clio comes out and worse again when the New RS Clio comes out next Year. Same as happens to any other car I guess.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 13 August 2005 at 8:12pm]

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Yeah i agree but it blows me budget and ive got to stick to it!!!

Ill hold on and see what happens in the next few weeks, but as always when youve got the cash cant wait, always been impatient.

Missed 53 plate on ebay in sheffield last week, 7.2, just what i was looking for but hadnt sold my last car.

Steve.

Hi guys

Ive got a full fat 172 in monaco blue, and I live in Halesowen.

You cant get much more midlands than that.:)

Suzuki SV650

I live in Leicester, so you are down the road from me, most meets Ive been to are near Birmingham. Mine is red, when I was looking around for a 172 there were only two red ones, one in Milton Keynes and one in Middlesboro..

2005 Impreza WRX STI

middlesbrough! the best place on the planet :D

as said mate,id travel for a car!its worth the extra miles to get a minter!

Quote: Originally posted by Dave3141 on 16 August 2005

Cool, we should all meet up sometime. Are there any good places to go?
There was a meet in Dudley some weeks back, but I was unable to go.:(

Does anyone know of any other schedualed meets in or around brum / black country?