ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Platina/Renault Symbol or Clio Sedan

Renault Symbol
I got my rims back from the shop...a friend of mine fabricated a nice set of "spacers" for my new rims; the rims center hole dia. is 73 m.m. and the humbs are 60 m.m., hence an spacer was needed, here some pics:
DSC00192.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Now I have to get a nice and good quality of kug bolts and wait until the center caps arrives(not included with the rims :banghead: )

Renault Symbol
My parts from UK are coming this week!!!!: CatCams, Forged Pistons, Forged Rods, Engine Bearings, 250 c.c. Weber Injectors & 65 m.m.Throttle Body, I also ordered a 3.8 bar fuel pressure regulator(in case I need it ;) ), next step in to get a new cylinder head(core) so I can send it to the US for a port job...any idea of a good source to get a new cylinder head?

Thanks!

Renault Symbol
Amazing AMAZON.COM !!!...got my wheel lug bolts in a record time!...believe me these stuff is maybe the BEST lug bolts I have ever seen, worth every cent.

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

Look how nice the look:

DSC00264.jpg

Renault Symbol
I got this Oil Catch Can:
DSC00272.jpg

Here is installed on the engine bay:
DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

Also fabricated a base for the O'berg Oil Filter, It was made of a sheet of stainless steel:
DSC00276.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

I have to "bend" the lip a little bit more and make some drills for the bolts to hold it from the battery box:
DSC00277.jpg

I will keep working as much as I can....

I'm also looking to a set of HighSpec Big Brakes with 325m.m. discs and 6 pot calipers, they cost and arm & a leg but maybe I can save some bucks and get them :p

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Nice can mate!looks good! I'm going to fit one too :) we're all waiting to see the o'berg fitted too!!

Lionel Richie
.in the mean time I will install my SS braided brake hoses, the front ones are easy...but the rear ones not...my stock lines are steel tube crimped to a hose and another piece of steel tubing, I am trying to sort that some how..have some ideas.

Regards

you're looking in the wrong place, look above the axle by the load spring ;)

Lionel Richie
you only have to replace the short rubber flexible pipes over the axle (about 140mm long, should be in the kit you have), not the the metal crimped ones that go to the calipers

Renault Symbol
you only have to replace the short rubber flexible pipes over the axle (about 140mm long, should be in the kit you have), not the the metal crimped ones that go to the calipers
Thanks, I'm going to post some pics of this once I have time to work on it.

Renault Symbol
Some pictures from the Brake Hoses, I replace them today.

The rear hoses, crimped to the steel tube:

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

First step was to cut the tube near the rubber hose:

DSC00299.jpg

Then I used a bubble flare tool:

DSC00300.jpg

A new tube, bent to the size:

DSC00301.jpg

The new Stainless Steel Braided Hose:

DSC00303.jpg

Need to order another set of rear hoses to replace these ones:

DSC00298.jpg

Last edited:
  Renault Symbol
The front SS Braided Hoses:

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

And finally, The Quick Shift Kit:

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Tomorrow I will take it to the shop to install the new rims and tires...:p

Renault Symbol
Ordered today another set of hoses for the rear brakes, a racing clutch and two sub-frames for the dront seats(Bucket Seats), my engine parts from Engine Dynamics will arrive next Tueday but I will be on vacations for 4 weeks....4 weeks out of my car....need a rest :)