ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next 'real south west' meet- the moors

172 Sport
Gherkin, if we want to eat we can have chips at The Rock or something.

We need to start small, regular meets so we all get to know each other and are all active in promoting the cause. Maybe we can all meet up at Nando's or something one week or whatever, but planning it is just gay and will be tres awkward for new members.

Going karting, or going out for some meal or whatever will achieve no more than a nice social meet out on the Moors at this stage IMO. Once we've got a proper area rep, and not two people auditioning for one job they can focus on one meet with no compromises.

So, 2PM Sunday the 27'th. Be there.

Aaron, I will facebook you with reference some car cleaning agenda for the morning. lol

172 Sport
I agree, it's nice to have a big meet up. What I used to do with SW Dubs was I would get my friend to open up Devon Dub Shack and we'd have a BBQ once a quarter with a car wash and he'd let us use the ramps.

We did a group RR day at Badger 5 the quarter before I stood down, which was a huge success with like 25 cars and a burger van and everything. :)

Lets see how this meet goes, get the ball rolling and see who the admins decide to bestow the regional rep' honors on and then we can chip our ideas in and let them do their work.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It may be a while before the admins take a look down here, but hopefully there'll have been a lot going on since they last looked ;) Are you interested in the job too Jardo/Aaron?

For shows, remember we can always organise convoys e.t.c.

Let's just get these small meets on. See you all on the 27th.

172 Sport
Only problem is its show season, which will take priority over CS local meets tbh.

Nothing to stop people making a convoy up to shows and things or swapping dates around to accommodate, as long as we get a monthly meeting in and everybody is making contact and brining people together it's all progress.

I used to make one post a month in the meets section of SW Dubs, and it would literally be -

"This months meet *location* - *time* - *date*" even if I wasn't going myself I'd still arrange it, the same for shows and things like that.

IMO being an area representative means you get people together, organize meets and keep people social. My idea would always have been to make a CS South West Facebook group and get everybody posting in there and keep everybody in communication with each other, and then underlining the suggestions and talk with relevant meets which are outlined in the meets section of the forum. People will make their own meets and pro-actively pull friends and things in if it is like that.

All in my opinion of cause, some people may think I'm wrong but that's the way I've always liked to have the information about meets and things to be delivered to me.

172 Sport
Sounds like the way forward.

Love how u write an essay and I reply with a 2 liner. Using tapatalk ftw.

Haha, Tapatalk for the ultimate win.

I'm in bed on the netbook, missus is next to me snoaring like a Russian tank. No sleep for me and I have work in 7 hours, fml.

Ttfn, I'm going to play Sniper Elite. x

172 Sport
I've already PM'd an admin about using the club logo, seeing as it is their property. I'll post up their reply and we can sort something out.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
why a facebook page? We have a forum!! its better to keep everyting in 1 place, and some people do use facebook..!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
then why are they coming to a 'cliosport' meet?! the whole point is to meet the cliosport community, if they arnt on cliosport, get them to sign up!! a facebook page to advertise the forum, fine, but not to chat on - it removes the point of the forum!

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
oh ok, from this...

My idea would always have been to make a CS South West Facebook group and get everybody posting in there and keep everybody in communication with each other

...it sounded like all the discussions would move over to the facebook page.

LY 172
Can see what u mean. Most of the people I know, are members. They just visit the forum once a year. But if we can get more people attending its going to encourage more regular use of CS. Uploading meet photos etc.

PB Clio 172
The facebook thing won't work I for one am not on Fuckbook so its silly. Seems like no one can agree on a time or place, I dont see why we have to meet small for it too be big. CS needs to make one of us an area rep soon as or we are going to have little meets on FB and here and there that people don't know about. We have nothing down here nothing. The whole of Cornwall is massive as is Devon and no offensive to the last area rep but he did one meet since I joined that I knew about and it was with 24 hours notice!

LY 172
i dont think using facebook is to replace CS. its to assist ;)
i cba to make a thread but im sure Jardo will when hes free.

were meeting up on the moors by the rock on sunday 27th

PB Clio 172
the rock where all the doggers go yeh :p

this is so hard can someone please state the month please ? lots of Sunday 27th's ya know lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
hold on, you mean 'the rock' is not a pub or something? Its an actual rock?! how are non south devonions supposed to find that?! (not that im coming by bu the looks of it as I want to go karting)

172 Sport
Apart from next Sunday, whis is a week tomorrow. This doesn't impact on Karting, it is a whole different month.

The date and location is set, we are meeting at 2pm on the 27th of May at the actual rock in Yelverton. Be there or be square.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
whos actually going on sunday then? I was going to come but im not going to drive down if its just 2 or 3 people. Might as well organise a north devon meet with shifty!

182 Cup
Does anyone wanna meet me at the pub to guide me to the actual rock as I'm not local and don't know where it is

LY 172
I guess your gona come through Plymouth?
It's pretty simple tbh.

Just before the Roundabout in Yelverton take 2 lefts.

(assuming you come up through Plymouth and along the A386)

172 Sport
I will meet you at the pub yes Shifty, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number. The pub is less than 100 yards from the carpark. :)