ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car....Again...E46 M3

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Now that looks proper.

How do they differ from CSL wheels? Are they a bit smaller? I can't work it out from the pics haha.
Thank you, my version on OEM+ as mine comes with CSL wheels from standard but 0.5 inch narrower on the front. Parts bin special from BMW.

8.5/9.5 staggered 19 CSL original wheels

10J square 18 Apex (BBS RC301)

The apex wheels are a lot lighter (9kg for 18x10) and also a lot stronger. CSL wheels are prone to cracking too.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Thank you, my version on OEM+ as mine comes with CSL wheels from standard but 0.5 inch narrower on the front. Parts bin special from BMW.

8.5/9.5 staggered 19 CSL original wheels

10J square 18 Apex (BBS RC301)

The apex wheels are a lot lighter (9kg for 18x10) and also a lot stronger. CSL wheels are prone to cracking too.

@james24785 You know what you need to do ;)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have you bought wheels or a clio yet?
Neither lol although that 3.5k turbo Clio is tickling my fancy. Anyway.

Just stripped down the driver's door as I had an annoying tweeter issue. After a few minutes both front tweeters would go off. Been doing it for weeks, and knowing how s**t the Harmon Kardon amps are I was thinking it was to do with that. However, last night it went off so naturally I hit it in a fit of rage and it came back on :) then off again.

Decided it was a lose connection so took it apart and did some re-soldering. Hey presto, fixed! Bit off how a dodgy connection on the right hand side caused the left to go off aswell, but who cares.

The HK setup gets zero love on the forums, but it sounds good enough for me not to want to start swapping s**t out.

Need to strip the passenger door down next in the search for an annoying rattle. f**king thing rattles more than any of my clios lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
CSL diffuser and full imola interior being picked up Friday evening.

Silver grey with imola was my ideal spec when I was looking to buy, but mine came up at a good price with all the right bits done so bought it.

Only problem is it's from a non HK car so the rear cards are missing the tweeter grill. Sure I can sort that though.
They've also got the adjustable bolsters which mine don't, so a small upgrade there too.

In other news, it's not moved for nearly two weeks as it's in the garage with a skip dumped infront of it so I can't get it out :(
It's also fuckin filthy! Still not cleaned it since I bought it
IMG_20170531_145615.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
it's just what I'm after next, ideally I'd prefer champagne interior but it's getting hard enough to find a decent manual one.

I'm not to keen on black M3's with black leather and the light grey that sometimes come with seems to be hated even though I quite like it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it's just what I'm after next, ideally I'd prefer champagne interior but it's getting hard enough to find a decent manual one.

I'm not to keen on black M3's with black leather and the light grey that sometimes come with seems to be hated even though I quite like it.
I think I'd go Imola with black leather. Pretty rare though.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Imola M3s are stunning!

God knows why anyone ever bought one with grey leathers. Must of been cheap on lease at the time lol

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, Im currently in the process of finding a well Spec'd M to replace the Megane as my itch has gotten to strong.
Not easy though, Whats with all the w**k SMG's for sale

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Looks great, Im currently in the process of finding a well Spec'd M to replace the Megane as my itch has gotten to strong.
Not easy though, Whats with all the w**k SMG's for sale
Lol yeah it's defo an itch that needs to be scratched!
Nothing wrong with SMG though....unless it's a daily lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
SMG is not for me from the few I've driven haha
Certainly very marmite mate. I've read the manual boxes aren't great either so it's swings and roundabouts I spose. Just less to go wrong with the manual. Having said that, SMG repair isn't a massive bill anymore

BMW 330ci
I like the smg when on a long country drive. It is a bit notch on daily drives. But I find it's not as bad as the reviews I read. If you find the perfect car you can apparently do a manual box swap quite easy.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I like the smg when on a long country drive. It is a bit notch on daily drives. But I find it's not as bad as the reviews I read. If you find the perfect car you can apparently do a manual box swap quite easy.
Yeah quite an easyish swap from what I've seen

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The manual is notchy from 1st to 2nd when cold, and quite hard work. Once there's a bit of temp in then they're fine.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Suppose a manual swap could always be an option, Theres a nice one of cutters just now, Unfortunately i keep getting fuckign errors when trying to sign up so can't message the guy lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Suppose a manual swap could always be an option, Theres a nice one of cutters just now, Unfortunately i keep getting fuckign errors when trying to sign up so can't message the guy lol
Cutters? It'll be 3k overpriced then lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well seeing as I'm monumentally hungover I didn't fancy any gardening today, so I decided to fit my CSL diffuser instead

Before
IMG_20170702_145638.jpg

During
IMG_20170702_150820.jpg
IMG_20170702_150944.jpg

Took the chance to clean and wax my tips while access was easier.
Finished result
IMG_20170702_155242.jpg
IMG_20170702_155524.jpg
IMG_20170702_155514.jpg
IMG_20170702_155300.jpg
IMG_20170702_155311.jpg

Don't know wether to leave it black, or have it colour coded though? I'm thinking it needs to be.

Quick exhaust video