ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car....Again...E46 M3

172 cup
bad as fook bloody love these if only had the money would have to be laguna seca blue for me or same as yours manual with red leather timmz sent me some pics the other day looks a nice thing how long before he buys another now !! to ad to his scrap car collection lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
bad as fook bloody love these if only had the money would have to be laguna seca blue for me or same as yours manual with red leather timmz sent me some pics the other day looks a nice thing how long before he buys another now !! to ad to his scrap car collection lol
For some reason he isn't a fan of them. Think it's because he's slightly homosexual. Or because he bought a convertible nail so he's put off lol!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Been out all morning with my mate in his. The peak District has some fuckin amazing roads!

Roads were very damp and I had a major sideways moment coming out of a right hand hairpin. I'd like to say it was my awesomeness that saved it, but having never even driven a RWD before I bought this, then I'll have to put it down to the traction control doing its job lol.

Some unedited pics as I can't be bothered
IMG_20170414_130840.jpg
IMG_20170414_131044.jpg
IMG_20170414_131129.jpg
IMG_20170414_131203.jpg

The way it covers ground though is incredible. Handles well, sounds amazing and just generally feels perfect when on it. I will say though however, there is no way on earth I'd buy an SMG if it was a daily driver and spending time in traffic. When pushing on though, it's perfect!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is yours the dark one mate?

They look geat, much quicker than the clio/meg?
Yeah mines the grey one mate. Whole different league to the Clio. I'd imagine mapped meg would give it a run.

Problem with it though, to be having proper fun, you're being a complete dick in it. Not like the Clio where you can have fun at much lower speeds

BMW 330ci
Looks great mate. Have to agree with you on the smg it's not the best on first start up. But I have got used to it and I find it does both great, great at cruising, when in traffic then on an open road can use the paddles. Those sidelights need changing though, blue doesn't match the xenons very well.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Looks great mate. Have to agree with you on the smg it's not the best on first start up. But I have got used to it and I find it does both great, great at cruising, when in traffic then on an open road can use the paddles. Those sidelights need changing though, blue doesn't match the xenons very well.
Yeah that's the first time I've seen the front of the car with the lights on. They'll be getting replaced mate :up:

You should book onto a skid pan training day mate, you'd gauge the cars traction breaking points and how to handle it when it lets go, it'd be invaluable as you could really push on knowing how to handle it at the limit.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Takes some getting used to not putting a boot full of power in mid bend. I'm nowhere near capable enough to deal with the consiquences lol
With decent tyres there's so much grip anyway you have to be driving like a massive penis to make it slide without you having some involvement

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You should book onto a skid pan training day mate, you'd gauge the cars traction breaking points and how to handle it when it lets go, it'd be invaluable as you could really push on knowing how to handle it at the limit.
Something I've always wanted to do mate, so I'll look into that :up:
With decent tyres there's so much grip anyway you have to be driving like a massive penis to make it slide without you having some involvement

PS4s on there at the minute so I'd imagine it's fairly grippy in the dry.
This always happens when I buy a new car. It rains for months whenever I get to drive it

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

For road use i did an advanced driving day. It was really good. Obviously no sliding etc but my general car control is miles better.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I can vouch for the benefits of a skid pan day. Was very useful to understand the capabilities of the car and lack of skills of the driver 😊

Are you also going to change the xenon's as yours look a lot more yellow compared to the one behind you?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Pic doesn't work for me James, but Osram do some great LED sidelights.

If that's what you're after of course!?

Regardless the M3 looks awesome! Great purchase!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, I'll have a look on their site now and get some ordered :up:
I can vouch for the benefits of a skid pan day. Was very useful to understand the capabilities of the car and lack of skills of the driver 😊

Are you also going to change the xenon's as yours look a lot more yellow compared to the one behind you?

Yeah I think I will mate. Current bulbs must be too cool, so will order some 6000K or there abouts.

I also need to take it to have the headlights aligned. f**k knows what the previous owner had done but they were pretty much pointing to the sky before and dazzling everyone, so I've had to wind them all the way down. They auto level, but obviously from a set position

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Was going to ask same question as Al.

Only complaint I have with th my autobox is change could be faster / more aggressive in sport. Wonder if the RS is different.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I darent have the gear change set to the highest setting on mine. Feels like it's gonna rip the rear diff off on each gear change lol it's quite brutal

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I darent have the gear change set to the highest setting on mine. Feels like it's gonna rip the rear diff off on each gear change lol it's quite brutal

Do you let off the throttle slightly when you change?
I found with mine if you let off slightly like you would in a manual it makes it so much smoother.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Do you let off the throttle slightly when you change?
I found with mine if you let off slightly like you would in a manual it makes it so much smoother.
Yeah I do if I'm pootling about. Not if I'm going balls deep