ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vts cambelt!

Titanium 182

had my cambelt done at the weekend and the aux belt

now when the engine goes abover 4k rpm it sounds a bit like a supercharger, so obviously one of the belts is 2 tight?

i dont think its the cambelt as it wasnt on really tight, the aux belt did seem really tight tho

im wondering could it be the aux belt thats making the noise as the revs go up?

it only seems to do it when the engine is warm!

cheers!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

get it sorted m8, i had an uno turbo which died lastyear because the cambelt was done to tight after a new one being fitted and snapped . i had the same noise coming from that but didnt know wtf it was untill it was to late . take it back to the place that changed them and say it wasnt like that when i gave it to u and demand that they adjust it.

Titanium 182

yeh, i know the garage owner, hel sort it out for me!

just wondering does it all have to come off again to be adjusted up?

Audi TT 225 Quattro

i havent seen a vts engine before but if it does u shouldnt worry its the garages fault let them sort it , it shouldnt cost u a penny just abit of hassel with the car being of the road:(

Clio 172mk2

if its owt like my old 106 one ther isnt a spring to get the correct tension and i was told u need a electrical tension somet or other , and only pug dealers was using them. other garages basically told me theyd gues the tension

Titanium 182

yeh

the garage said its weird, think it must be the aux belt thats 2 tight as thats only one u can slacken and tighten up

il have to let them look at it!