ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY PAINT CODE is MV632 But...

Get them to mix it up if its not on the shelf?

Make sure they shake the bottles like fk if they start from scratch though ;)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
i plan on colour coding door strips and spoiler ill let you know how i get on after christmas.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I bought some 632 gris boreal when I was spraying my wing mirror covers on my old clio, the colour match looked ok in some lights but completely off in others. Deffo a hard colour to match, and will stand out even more on the side strips etc as they are right next to the rest of the bodywork, where as the wing mirror covers arnt.

1.2 Expression
I've got the exact same problem ah the moment. Went to halfords to get them to mix up 1 can of platinum silver... Just so I could test it out. Came out a pretty much spot on match for the car so I decided I'll go get a couple more, used them and it came out more of a blue silver!! Was gutted! So I've just decided to find a professional to do it. Think one of my old mates from school does it so I'm gonna give him a ring and get a price.

I colour coded my sidestrips the other week and have the same colour. Like what's already been said, it looks perfect in some lights but others it just looks plain silver instead of the bluey-silver it should be. I guess its just a hard colour to match :(

IMAG0752.png

IMAG0743.png

Notice on this last picture how it matches perfect on the left hand side but on the right it seems to shine a true silver. I just don't understand :S :banghead:

Renault Scenic 182
Deffinatly a colour that needs blending into original if new panels and on smaller stuff like strips etc, only real trick to 'help' is to spray the panels in same orientation as theyre gonna sit, ie get a big sheet of wood and screw a line of screws into it horizontally and then clip screw heads into clips on back of strips as if clipping onto car.

TT QS
ive colour coded all of mine and done a cup spoiler and tbh ( i havnt read the whole thread so if someones said already my apologies lol ) even when you laquer it doesnt seem as glossy. probs just me and my dad messing it up but as said before. b**ch to match :/

Renault Scenic 182
If gunning it with 2k youll get the gloss straight away AND depth of pearl providing you did 3-4 coats of base min, if aerosoling it, do atleast three or four coats and use as best quality laquer as you can, i have personally had reasonable results with upol stuff as its good quality with low shrinkage and good straight off shine, youll never get gun quality shine though untill flatted and polished and then it wont be as hard.

Jaguar XF
If gunning it with 2k youll get the gloss straight away AND depth of pearl providing you did 3-4 coats of base min, if aerosoling it, do atleast three or four coats and use as best quality laquer as you can, i have personally had reasonable results with upol stuff as its good quality with low shrinkage and good straight off shine, youll never get gun quality shine though untill flatted and polished and then it wont be as hard.

I run my own Smart repair business here in Devon autohaus Paint Technics and I have sprayed this colour before a few times. Your right about the colour match as it is rather bad, but you have to remember that there are at least 20 different shades so I generally go for the number 1 shade. I never do edge to edge with a metallic or pearl so always blend it in to the other panel. I can usually see where Iv blended it in but my customers have always thought the match was perfect. If you can, always use good quality 2K paint like Autocolour or Spies Hecker as I never usually have a problem using these products.

find a local paint/bodyshop supplier to mix it for you, not halfords! paint needs to be mixed perfectly, quantities of each colour needs to be spot on to end up with the correct colour, halfords monkies won't give a s**t if they are abit out on each colour which will give the final result a bad match

Renault Clio 4, 2016
would imagine the UV rays of the sun changes colour of the lacquer over time wouldnt it and that would also account differences in sraying something when matching it up to older panels would it not? - I have to spray our bonnet on ours some time soon (2002 vintage) and i most probably will just nip down halfords and get a couple of rattle cans to do it

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is when I had a shop buy in a tin of paint matching the paint code. It's a colour you absolutely need shading and spray out cards for. We ended up painting the whole car!

IMG_4242.JPG