Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY PAINT CODE is MV632 But...

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by S TAYLOR, Dec 22, 2010.

1. S TAYLOR

S TAYLOR

Car:
    MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
    What colour is MV632 In Halfords rattle can?

(my car is silver with a tint of blue)

2. Daniel

Daniel ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    E55 AMG, Passat Tdi
    632 is Platinum Silver.

3. S TAYLOR

S TAYLOR

Car:
    MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
    nice one :smile:

4. Adam.

Adam.

Get them to mix it up if its not on the shelf?

Make sure they shake the bottles like fk if they start from scratch though :wink:

5. JCC

JCC ClioSport Club Member

Also known as Gris Boreal.

6. fearless

fearless ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Money pit
    And is an absolute b**ch to colour match if your rattle-canning stuff.

7. JCC

JCC ClioSport Club Member

^ Indeed. It's a b**ch with proper industry standard paints never mind rattle tins.

8. S TAYLOR

S TAYLOR

Car:
    MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
    i plan on colour coding door strips and spoiler ill let you know how i get on after christmas.

9. Rob.

Rob.

The paint code 632 is hard to match at the best of times, I wouldn't even try with rattles

10. Jordi17

Jordi17

Car:
    I bought some 632 gris boreal when I was spraying my wing mirror covers on my old clio, the colour match looked ok in some lights but completely off in others. Deffo a hard colour to match, and will stand out even more on the side strips etc as they are right next to the rest of the bodywork, where as the wing mirror covers arnt.

11. S_Shanks

S_Shanks

Car:
    1.2 Expression
    I've got the exact same problem ah the moment. Went to halfords to get them to mix up 1 can of platinum silver... Just so I could test it out. Came out a pretty much spot on match for the car so I decided I'll go get a couple more, used them and it came out more of a blue silver!! Was gutted! So I've just decided to find a professional to do it. Think one of my old mates from school does it so I'm gonna give him a ring and get a price.

12. -Danman-

-Danman- East Mids - Notts & Derby ClioSport Area Rep

Car:
    Inferno 182
    I colour coded my sidestrips the other week and have the same colour. Like what's already been said, it looks perfect in some lights but others it just looks plain silver instead of the bluey-silver it should be. I guess its just a hard colour to match :worried:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice on this last picture how it matches perfect on the left hand side but on the right it seems to shine a true silver. I just don't understand :confused: :banghead:

13. LJWRAY

LJWRAY

Car:
    Clio 1.2 16v
    Does it look toss when done? Or is it still better than before?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  14. subtle modder

subtle modder

Car:
    Renault Scenic 182
    Deffinatly a colour that needs blending into original if new panels and on smaller stuff like strips etc, only real trick to 'help' is to spray the panels in same orientation as theyre gonna sit, ie get a big sheet of wood and screw a line of screws into it horizontally and then clip screw heads into clips on back of strips as if clipping onto car.

15. alexr19

alexr19 ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Noisy Non-Sport
    ive colour coded all of mine and done a cup spoiler and tbh ( i havnt read the whole thread so if someones said already my apologies lol ) even when you laquer it doesnt seem as glossy. probs just me and my dad messing it up but as said before. b**ch to match :/

16. subtle modder

subtle modder

Car:
    Renault Scenic 182
    If gunning it with 2k youll get the gloss straight away AND depth of pearl providing you did 3-4 coats of base min, if aerosoling it, do atleast three or four coats and use as best quality laquer as you can, i have personally had reasonable results with upol stuff as its good quality with low shrinkage and good straight off shine, youll never get gun quality shine though untill flatted and polished and then it wont be as hard.

17. autohaus Paint Tec

autohaus Paint Tec

Car:
    Jaguar XF
    I run my own Smart repair business here in Devon autohaus Paint Technics and I have sprayed this colour before a few times. Your right about the colour match as it is rather bad, but you have to remember that there are at least 20 different shades so I generally go for the number 1 shade. I never do edge to edge with a metallic or pearl so always blend it in to the other panel. I can usually see where Iv blended it in but my customers have always thought the match was perfect. If you can, always use good quality 2K paint like Autocolour or Spies Hecker as I never usually have a problem using these products.

18. kudos

kudos

Car:
    find a local paint/bodyshop supplier to mix it for you, not halfords! paint needs to be mixed perfectly, quantities of each colour needs to be spot on to end up with the correct colour, halfords monkies won't give a s**t if they are abit out on each colour which will give the final result a bad match