ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI-6 P1

Well, small update - I've purchased a Decat for £30 which is pretty good going, I'd say. I'm also going to change the tailpipe to some 2.25" stainless steel pipe when I get the chance, as the Magnex looks garbage IMO. And if it's still really boomy with the decat, the back box is getting chopped open and emptied! lol.
I've been looking at YouTube videos of GTi-6 0-60 times etc (not a very accurate judgement of a cars speed, I know!), and have been comparing my own - it's considerably slower in gear. The general consensus on 306gti6.com is that the inlet cam timing could be out, so I'll be looking to get that sorted sooner rather than later! Especially as the current cambelt is on 35K... Tempting fate!
And finally, I think I've managed to secure some genuine Speedline 205 GTI wheels with 4 brand new Toyo's. Just deciding on colour now... It's a toss up between Silver, Satin Black and Bronze. I really like the Bronze, although Silver looks quite fresh... but we'll see!

Bronze:
DSC_0909copyBronze.jpg

Silver:
DSC_0909copySilver.jpg

Satin Black:
DSC_0909copyBlack.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Stick with the standard wheels - looks tosh to me on 205 alloys!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I like the 205 alloys tbh, look good in silver! Photoshop white cyclones on it though as well, see what that looks liek!

120d M Sport
I kinda like the 205 wheels, looks alright on the photoshop to me. If I can find a cheap seat somewhere I'm gonna throw some on my 106 just for a second set. Dunno what it is about them.

Best looking aftermarket wheels I've seen on a 306 are the Speedline Comp 2's but I don't know whether they would work or not on the PH1

Well I'll see what they're like when fitted, tbh for the price they're going at, I'm getting 4 brand new tyres with a set of free wheels thrown in, so it would be silly not to try them out!

I've never really liked the cyclones that are on it, they just look a bit too new tbh! And I don't like the look of SL Comp 2's... might just have a weird taste in wheels! Lol
Ideally I'd be after getting Compomotive MO5's, but I've struggled to find a cheap set so they'll have to wait.

120d M Sport
I agree that the Cyclones look a bit too new for the PH1, it's too square/angular, whereas the PH2/3 being more rounded looking suits them a lot better.

Are these the set with 4 toyo proxes from Wolves?

Last edited:
Aye, found them on RallyeRegister.
I'd more than make my money back if I sold the 205 wheels and kept the tyres instead of buying a new set of Toyos, so it seems like a safe bet!

I've already missed out on a set of proper cheap OZ Ultraleggeras (which I'm not entirely sure would suit it anyway) and a set of Compomotive TH's, so I was eager to snap these up at that price!

Fair enough! TBH I won't be able to decide if they stay or not until they're actually on the car... PhotoShop never really matches what they look like IRL.

I kind of think it's got a hint of Clio Williams about it when they're Bronze...

MO's or nothing tbh! Turini's would look aright in 16" but I'm sticking with 15's. Plus Turinis are expensive! lol The wheels would be worth more than half what the car is worth :eek:

Cyclones just look a bit too new on a P1 IMO

120d M Sport
I was gonna say the same Dave...suit the rounded front end of the PH2/3 but not so sure about the more angular front of the PH1.

What made you go for 17s? You're normally into putting smaller wheels on these days!

How does that work out? lol

Seems like nobody generally runs coilovers on 306's... Just been looking at KW V2's but I can't seem to find anyone with any experience of them; is there a reason for that? Is it just that you can get as good a set up running Bilsteins & springs for less money or?