ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So today was the day... took a hour and an a bit drive down to ED to drop my Monaco off for some engine fettling... Went out in the demo car which put the biggest grin on my face ever!! Just can't wait to get mine back now! Also I've learnt that a PMS Shifter is a must having seen one up close and personel for the 1st time...
Anyway a quick pic of mine and my mates fully loaded mk4 1.2tce before we left.
IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

Great stuff mate, glad to see it all went well :up: sounds like it took even less time to get there than expected which is a bonus! Envious of the demo car, would have loved to be there! You know the PMS shifter makes sense, I've always thought it looks a great bit of kit and well worth the ££, i'd have bought one already if I was going down the track route myself.

Does it inspire you to get yours done Steve?

Wait what is @182_steve going turbo?!?!

It's not something i'd be looking to do myself as I like my car as it is and it's too clean and original to modify to that extent to be honest

....... but I've not been out in Ollie's yet 😂

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So today was the day... took a hour and an a bit drive down to ED to drop my Monaco off for some engine fettling... Went out in the demo car which put the biggest grin on my face ever!! Just can't wait to get mine back now! Also I've learnt that a PMS Shifter is a must having seen one up close and personel for the 1st time...
Anyway a quick pic of mine and my mates fully loaded mk4 1.2tce before we left.
View attachment 190901
View attachment 190902

I swear i have seen your car at ED before when i been dropping mine off. I haven't been out in the demo car yet need Andy to take me out! Hope it goes well mate.

Great stuff mate, glad to see it all went well :up: sounds like it took even less time to get there than expected which is a bonus! Envious of the demo car, would have loved to be there! You know the PMS shifter makes sense, I've always thought it looks a great bit of kit and well worth the ££, i'd have bought one already if I was going down the track route myself.

It's not something i'd be looking to do myself as I like my car as it is and it's too clean and original to modify to that extent to be honest

Well you hardly ever drive yours so not much point anyways hahaha, once you go out in one that will be it trust me lol.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep

I wouldn't say I'm going track route yet... just a few extra ponies for the spirited road drives! And just because yours is a clean example doesn't mean it don't get a turbo! Lol

I swear i have seen your car at ED before when i been dropping mine off. I haven't been out in the demo car yet need Andy to take me out! Hope it goes well mate.

Thanks mate hopefully it does go good, My car was last there in Nov 16 when it was mapped but not been there since.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a bit of of in update from ED today via email as to the conversion progress...

"Clutch is fitted, turbo is on and forge coolant hoses have been fitted.
Intercooler / pipe work, AEM ECU, Injectors etc to do yet aswell as mapping in."

I've been so happy with the communication back an forth with Andy regarding the conversion, I've asked for some pictures so hopefully he'll be able to sort some.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
That's great news mate, sounds like it's all coming along nicely and going to plan.......... can't wait to see it!!
You will 1st hand in a hand days bud! :up: Just get this trip offshore done an it's collection day!

They don't mess about do they! I think I'd rather wait the week without any of the teasing though.
I've had to wait two weeks due to my job :weary: but I need to know how it's going, if there's been any issues or problems to overcome. :car::spanner:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Email update this morning...

Hi Ollie,

Had the car on the dyno late last night / first thing this morning. All gone well and we ended up just under the 230 BHP mark. This is what's expected with the current heat.

During mapping we noticed the front O2 (Lambda) sensor reading is a bit intermittent. This is not effecting the performance, but will affect the idle and cruise, I would advise a replacement as if it fails the car won't run particularly well in those areas as the ECU will default to different settings.

Other than that we need to a bit more shake down and few road tests and all done.

Andy

Cant fault this chap, honest with a little issue, advised how to sort it with costs etc and tbh anywhere near 230bhp I'd be happy with!! I just need to get these next few days away done and I can Booooooooooooost!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Surprisingly I've received another email from Andy this afternoon which I wasn't expecting to say the Monaco is completed bar a few more shakedown runs...
And the numbers are in!! But 1st, The bay shot! Definitely need to get the engine mount done gold if I don't put the cover back on and source a new oil filler cap because its the all the little details that count.
IMG_6480.jpg

So the part everyone is really bothered about...
FullSizeRender.jpg

You can see my old mapped dyno run Andy has added on to my graph... The email said...
"The engine is not strained at all, but please remember the dyno cell temps are quite warm at the moment, in all fairness on a cooler day it would hit just over. It was 229.3 BHP and 229.5 lbft Torque although peak numbers are only part of the story. See graph attached, around 80 lbft of torque increase at 4200 rpm over your last modded map."

I just want to get it back now! Only a few more days to go... I can't wait to see how different it'll be when I actually get to drive it after being out in the demo car they had on site.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!

This is all great news, i'm excited too and it's not even my car!!

You getting that lambda sensor replaced while it's there yeah? Sounds like something pretty small could be a pain in the bum later on if it fails........ all looks and sounds great mate! :up::up:

Oh and leave the engine cover off, let that gold glowwww!

Last edited:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
This is all great news, i'm excited too and it's not even my car!!

You getting that lambda sensor replaced while it's there yeah? Sounds like something pretty small could be a pain in the bum later on if it fails........ all looks and sounds great mate! :up::up:

Oh and leave the engine cover off, let that gold glowwww!

Yeah going to get it done at the same time so its a 100% when it leaves ED, think i may leave the cover off and just paint the mount black so it blends in abit.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Bet you can't wait to get it back, having been out in a couple of turbo'd Clio's you definitely won't be disappointed :up:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Got my missus to knock me up some Turbo stickers by replicating the Trophy font...
IMG_2306.JPG

Nothing too lairy just nice and subtle, got her to do a few sizes in red and grey and am thinking of just 1 under either RS or Clio badge on the boot... Opinions!?
IMG_1530.JPG

Red one to tie in with the callipers, quite small, directly under the 'Clio' badge will look awesome and very subtle imo.......... it is a 'clio turbo' now afterall! Not sure the grey will stand out enough to be seen against the Monaco, will only know when you hold it up I guess

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate! Haven't even driven it yet either, I'm Not too sure tbh about a lsd as I have a few other ideas to do 1st.

What did you have in mind? I think the gearbox will be my next big mechanical job, get a scrap one and rebuild and stick a diff in with new clutch flywheel and PMS shifter :)