ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my meg cabrio dci 120

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

had this http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/114/maga2k50356pc.jpghttp://img48.imageshack.us/img48/114/maga2k50356pc.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6403/maga2k50339hv.jpghttp://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6403/maga2k50339hv.jpg

on hols (just back this evening) and only had 1200km on the clock but really didnt think the dci lump was as amazing as some people had banged on about. Im sure that with some more time the engine would be more responsive when run in and also get better over time (my 172 and 172 cups certainly have!) but i just cant believe that the normal meg 120 dci really frightens 172 performance wise.

It has a 6 speed box which was handy and i know the cabrio carries some amount of flab as it needs to be more rigid (the handling was gash compared to 172 and cup) but it really wasnt a great performer and when i got my 172 back today it would pisch all over it. Only a few times in gear at 110km in 4th did it feel half decent but even at that it wasnt immense.

Only revs to 4,5k and very noisy and doesnt like being rallied, so dont know why people get so concerned with them on motorways unless there dropped 2 cogs!!

Anyway - nice enough car just a pity that its a wee bit slow and pricey at near 20k for the one i had!! and the one photgraphed got a puncture and the replacement one i got was newer with only 324km and a very springy clutch.

Still great experience and nice to try driving on the continent and have a great time away.

Anyone been in these beasties they are quite plush inside and nice and rommy upfront - dont look too bad either i dont think

Renault Laguna Coupe

The latest ones have a 165bhp petrol engine with a turbo - Do you think that would be a lot better?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

defo thats in the range in mallorca where i was, but they prefer diesel as its cheaper. The 165 would be huge improvement. Id hate to see it with the 1,6 in it as i think it would be fairly legless. I think thats the full range, 11 verisions

3 1.6s, 3 2.0s, 3 2.0Ts, 2 1.9 Dcis mine was the privelege which aparently does 0-100 in 9.6 and 124mph!!

Too much weight not enough muscle, the torque helps i spose.

Liked the karmann detailing on the doors.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 03 August 2005

Such a poser chic!

Good holiday though?
:D - who me?

it was really guid aye, wish i had the car a bit longer for some more touring and to break the car in a bit more. It had the classic renault rattles already, but did seem better put together than my 172 - which wouldnt be hard i spose!!

you been to florida yet?

oh and having that barge for a few days has put me off getting diesel cars youll be pleased to hear!!

Mazda MX5 1.8

:D best colour tho

not too keen on those meggy cabs

certainly wouldnt have 1 in a diesel tho! put the roof down and drive thru a tunnel to hear the mighty roar of the arga under the bonnet

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

went thru a few tunnels and the missus has some footage of the driving and the derv noise is pretty tragic.

To be fair it do nae bad fuel wise, but id have sooner been given the petrol version for a bit of better revving from the engine. The colour according to the keyfob i had was Rojo Fuego - nae bad, but not the luckily colour hence the puncture i got :sick:

seen one in alcudia which was silver with red leather - very tasty

interesting no rubbing strip to give away its engine size either

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

ah nice one - its gutting being back:(

ull be surprised to learn non and i also have a nice 5 inch crack on windscreen:(

mite go to fosters on saturday to see what can be done

ST

Cool matey....drop me a text if you need any info or a phone number though i dunno if hell be open on sat, the last time i was talking to Tony Foster he was saying he only works monday-friday these days?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 04 August 2005

Cool matey....drop me a text if you need any info or a phone number though i dunno if hell be open on sat, the last time i was talking to Tony Foster he was saying he only works monday-friday these days?

ah nippy the only day really i can erse around wi it. Ill see if i can pull a fast one at work and head over to ruglen as im sick of not having my changer