ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My A1 Thread

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Re: My A1 (to be) Thread

within reason, there is a list of about 20 i had to choose from. mostly your normal stuff, nothing interesting.. this was the best one on the list imo. Most average punter wouldn't get the option but seeing as i work for the dealer it makes things a bit better. :D

Haha awesome! Enjoy it anyway Laura :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

cool aint it :D,

Not as cool at the car the hehe, deffo need a bee sting ariel too.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

So what is the spec of your A1 Laura? choose many options? Looks like a quality car. Jealous of all these new car threads :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

well i picked her up friday and set straight off to bdc round 1. cracking car, pretty quick too tbh.

ill get some pic when i wash it. now got over 300 miles

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

That's what I had in that a3, so boring and slow.

The rev range is utterly ridiculous too, whoever thought that 2.2k - 4.2k is an acceptable power band needs shooting.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

yeah the 140 tdi, i can assure you its far from boring in this, rupprised a few people at the weekend with it. puls all the way through the range, 1st gear is a little sort mind. It was better than i was expecting. different power delivery but i recon it would give a 1*2 a decent go.

Im not sure if they have done something to the engine in these to make it a bit better as the one i used in a TT was dull also. But the a4 avant i had last week and this both epic really for diesels

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

172 a go? Maybe running on three cylinders!!!

Without being mean, the 140 in that a3 I had was hands down one of the worst engines I've ever had the displeasure of using.

You're saying pulls hard through the revs? Mine picked up at 2.2k and died off by 4.4 or so...

TBH it could be better in a smaller car, but why not go for the higher powered diesel engine?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

they dont do anything higher in the a1 this engine was only introduced in november,

No offence to anyone but ive owned a fair few cars and if i say it drives well, it drives well lol. Perfect for what i want. 60mpg ftw.

Im over the moon with my car so if you want to **** it off please keep it to yourself.

no pics yet, i lytrally picked it up friday morning then set off staright away and didnt get back till 10ish last night. its now mingingly dirty :s

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

409b32ee.jpg

actually took this on my phone on the way up there

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I see you've even fitted a sail to make it go faster. ;)

Any reason you didn't choose the petrol? TBH I'm yet to go out in the a1 with this engine, so I'm obviously not convinced. No need to take it all personally though sweetie, I could understand if I were insulting the golf, that's a little bit of your soul.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

im im and down the coutry during the drift season and my friends live everywhere, i was fed up of it costing me £50 a time just to nip and see my mates in Brum, or £70/£80 to go to surrey or bristol. The diesel returns 60mpg, the 1.4 TFSI petrol is very thirsty and i couldnt have another 1.2 haha. I did manchester to teesside, loads of driving about there and back again ~360 miles on the half tank the car was supplied with.

It is everything i want/ need out of a car at the moment, golfie is my money pit this is just a really nice daily hack.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Lovely car, looks awesome but I LOL'd at give a 172 a run and being fun to drive. The last VAG I had was a 2011 Audi TDI, narrow power band and the steering feel and fun was non existant so unless Audi have changed things recently, I can't see it being fun. All VAG's have the same dull steering imo, have a VW Passat at the mo which is the same. For knocking around and munching miles in though, theres nothing better then a VAG imo, well made and feel like they'll go forever.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

The one I drove certainly wasn't fun, but for the reasons Laura's bought one, it's perfect.

Lovely place to be, comfy and 50+ MPG.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I wouldn't call the TDI 140 I had slow. It was by no means rapid, but not slow either.

I wouldn't call the TDI 140 I had slow. It was by no means rapid, but not slow either.
I don't think anybody has done lol.

Seems perfect for what Laura wants - looks good, drives nicely, comfy, excellent mpg. I'm jealous!

320d

Seems perfect for what Laura wants - looks good, drives nicely, comfy, excellent mpg. I'm jealous!

+1, would like one to just do the normal day to day stuff and keep the 182 for fun. Such a complete car the A1, for a small car anyway.

Good purchase Laura, I'm a fan.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

new wheels don't be daft they are awesome.

she's staying exactly how she is, it would look mega slammed but not going to happen

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

thanks guys :)

i need a 172 to compare it to, it really do feel its as quick... i could be horribly wrong but id like to see haha

Arctic Blue FF 182

Great looking car, and didn't realise they returned such great mpg, another jealous person here!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

I'd be interested in how that came out.... I have a feeling it wouldn't be good though :eek:

I could be really very wrong its hard to say, but i only just got rid of my 182 like a couple of months ago and i honestly feel it would be a decent match. Open to being proved wrong like but you know how it is.