ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot due may

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Mot is due end of May,
Anyone know of any friendly mot testers around Leeds as I reckon my exhaust is going to fail with how loud it is

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I would but short on cash atm so can't really afford to get a different exhaust

clio 172, mondeo td
Don't think they check the loudness unless it's blowing as long as the emissions are ok that's all that matters

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Just unsure as I took it to the local garage and they said its to loud, can't afford to get a new exhaust atm either :/

Volvo S60 T5
I've never had a car fail on exhaust to loud, only for blowing and so on.
Must have around 500 cars for MOTS a year at my place , so I expect yours will be fine.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Ah hopefully should be ok then! There's no back boxes just a cat and centre box

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
The M.O.T. Inspection Manual
Issue Date: February 2014
Reason for Rejection
A catalytic converter or particulate filter missing where one was fitted as standard.4.
During all parts of the emissions test relevant 4.
for the vehicle, assess subjectively the
effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust
noise. similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition

but unless if f**king stupidly loud you should be ok

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah drones like mad in the car! Can't afford to change exhaust over yet so having to make do! Local garage I normally use said it won't pass. So trying to find someone before mot is due haha

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I use a place in Morley near work that are pretty easy going. If you called in one day before booking it in, I bet they could tell you whether it was too loud or not for them to pass before booking it in.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Could you forward the garage details? I'm off to Morley on Friday so that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone :smile:

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Try Central Garage. In Bristol Street off Regent Street, Leeds.They do only MOT'S, no repairs, and they a realar car enthusiasts.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Could you forward the garage details? I'm off to Morley on Friday so that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone :smile:

http://www.morleymotltd.co.uk

There's a few garages in Morley but these are the ones I use. Also been helpful when I've been down, even when I just needed a bolt undoing they've just got it on the ramp and taken it off there and then for me.

If you happen to go down side of Morrisons when in Morley and see a dirty Orange Clio parked in the road, that'll be mine :)

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
http://www.morleymotltd.co.uk

There's a few garages in Morley but these are the ones I use. Also been helpful when I've been down, even when I just needed a bolt undoing they've just got it on the ramp and taken it off there and then for me.

If you happen to go down side of Morrisons when in Morley and see a dirty Orange Clio parked in the road, that'll be mine :smile:

Cheers for that I'll pop down on Friday see what they say! I'm off to my tattooist not sure if it's near the garage, I'll keep an eye out for the car tho :tongueout: