ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

most miles in first week

managed to get 1423 miles on the clock in the first week in the 182 (now stands at around 2100 after 11 days) wife has had the lexus GS which is actually a company car, for the last week or so, ive been taking the 182 on business as my company pays on mileage whatever. cruise control is a god send and seriously changes the view of a hot hatch as a long distance drive. lets face it the pedal position is awful. i used the controversial rag the arse off it in the first 25 miles running in technique and it had an oil change (10w/40) at 970 miles, i hung around and it was "very dirty" wasnt done at a dealers, i just went there to buy a sump plug which cost a ridiculous £8 !!! seriously feeling the power now and still getting mates questioning my choice of motor ... the 182 fell well within the £30K "toY" budget but ive always had a soft spot for hot hatches after all, ive been on the palmersport weekend two or three times and i dont understand how people can pay good money for an Sti then sit in a traffic jam day after day in it and worry about car jacking and key theft from their homes ... madness !!! yes it rattles a bit but it has been pushed to the limit but i still think it pisses all over the CTR i owned for 2 years so far... funniest thing was that 5 days after i got the car someone in the flat complex i live in got a new shape ctr. i was getting out of the 182 (5 days old) on the day he picked it up and had a chat with him, hed obviously seen the CTR before. we got into a heated debate about hatches and performance with him giving it large about how great the CTR was at which point i told him by budget and why i chose the 182 (he thought id sold the gs cos i couldnt afford it - it was parked on the street outside) i think i pissed him off a bit with my opinion of the ctr but its all subjective, hes got a great car which will be a classic but i still think from my own experience that ive got the better motor, i dont care about depreciation or rattles, just give me an open road and some bends :D i dont even like how it looks to be honest although the cup alloys do a decent job

And there was me thinking I did a few miles in my first week.

I only did about 700 in the first week.

Did you look at any diesels? Or do your compnay only pay whatever the cost.

I often though if my company paid for miles Id choice a cheap diesel and pocket the difference.

Nice cars though.

VW ....

from one end of the spectrum to the other .... i havent done 2k yet & car was registered 1st march !

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive done 150 so far (36hrs) and will be doing 1000 miles in the next 5days (200 each day).

Then no idea for next weekend.

8400 and four months but the dealer has had it in for a total of 3 weeks which is good cos my finance deal is based on 20k a year! :oops:

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

On my 04 1.2, got it on 1/5. First week racked up 1000ish, and now its 2.5 mths old, and on 4900. Luckily I have this to use instead of Williams, as Willy 2 would be on intergalactic mileage by now lol. (Its on 89k as it is)