ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified car drivers in Manchester/Liverpool - insurers?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anyone who insures a modded car in L or M postcodes - who do you use and rough quotes?

Need my Ep3 insuring soon and Flux quoted my renewal as £400 TPFT limited miles of 3k a year which is not a good deal at all at 24 with a clean licence and 9 years NCB.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
At 15?? Lost me.

Greenlight won't insure L or M which is handy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ha b****cks! I mean 34 not 24! I wish. Stupid fat fingers.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Sky won't go near L or M either. It's the bloody sticks! (L40) PR is a mile up the rd

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cool will give em a shout after work. Cheers. Got flux down to 355 tpft as my ncb is on my bmw policy so guess I only have 1 year on this.

Bmw is 400 fc for a year with a Manchester City centre postcode!

I pretty much use the civic a couple of times a year.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It's a huge drop. I always get fc usually. Fc doesn't insure the nurburgring anyway ;-)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Cheers for the recommendation Knuckles

We can do some manchester and liverpool postcodes only if its under 5k miles and pleasure use only.

Doing TPF+T can definately save up to 25% off the price so for a weekend toy its definately an option worth considering.

Feel Free to drop me a PM if you wanted to get a quote from us

Thanks
neil

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cool, last time I tried you said you wouldn't cover, but that was for my daily car I suppose.

Will drop a PM now with the main details.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Cool, last time I tried you said you wouldn't cover, but that was for my daily car I suppose.

Will drop a PM now with the main details.

No Worries yeah with the Manchester Postcodes we have an underwriter who just does pleasure use that will quote so hopfully can organise you a good quote.

If you Put your contact number in the PM i can give you a buzz to take your info so i can key it into our quote system and generate a price.

Cheers
neil

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh, my Civic is at L40 (parent's) as it's rarely used and only have one space at my Manchester address.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Oh, my Civic is at L40 (parent's) as it's rarely used and only have one space at my Manchester address.

Sorry mate got your PM didn realise that you needed other drivers on the civic, I wont be able to mirror the 9yrs NCB unless its just you driving so leaves us quoting on 1yrs NCB which wont let us get near Adrian Flux.

If Adrian Flux quoted £335 with other drivers on the policy id snap that up immediately....Literally Nobody will be able to beat that deal.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah thought so, ta. 350 tpft at 34/30 and minimal use just seems a bit excessive.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
So just out of interest, not that I'm planning on doing it with this one, but if I were getting another car for just me you could mirror my 9 years ncb?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Would of thought it would of been high £200's in a lower rated postcode. but £350 to insure a type R isnt bad especially as your brother is named on the policy and benefiting from your Mirrored 65% NCB its honestly a great deal from them.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thanks, my brother has ncb too though, not sure how much. Why is it such a big thing to have him on it? Just trying to understand sorry.

Yeah ep3 seems a bit of a ballache to insure with some insurers, guess they're all getting wrapped up by chavs.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Because they can't match NCB from 1 person if another person is driving it I presume :].

Spot on mate when you do a full mirror NCB it has to be just one driver on the 2nd car (sometimes the underwriters allow spouse or parents at a push). Otherwise one person could insure a whole host of cars with different drivers all with mirrored NCB from just one set of NCB.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ah yes. Makes sense. Will bear you in mind then if I get that e36 estate I'm resisting!!