ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifications to 182

MY04 Scooby STi

Hi guys,

Im after some advice. I have recently brought myself a brand new 182. I have done the max power thing on my previous clio ie: big bodykit + big wheels + small engine.

Now I have learnt the error of my ways and I want to get to grips with improving the handling and horsepower of my 182.

The advice Im after is what brands to use to get the best results. What coilover package works best? What is the best exhaust to use to gain maximum power gains?

My long term goal for the car is to turn it into a quick trackday car that I can still use everyday.

Also while I have been looking on the forum I have noticed lots of other users praising two companies, GDI & yozzasport. I admit I have never heard about theese companies so any info on them would be great.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Currently there is only one coilover setup available, however this will change very soon.

Youd be surprised how good it is standard for track use.

If your after real powergains then speak to benr on here.

As Tom said only one coilover kit currently available (GAZ) im selling my month old set for £375 ;) (£500 new)

Exhausts best go custom, the likes of hayward and scott or prospeed make decent systems to your own spec. Best bet is to dump the cat to free the engine up. Gdi have been around for years initially tuning Renault 5 turbos and now expanded to deal with clios. BenR runs Angelworks who do all the headwork etc on site for Gdi.

MY04 Scooby STi

Cheers guys

Where is GDi based?

What is the best way to get decent power gains? I have spoken to a few tuners and I have been told conflicting things, one told me that cams and headwork is not worthwhile buit the other tuner said that I could see gians of 25ish bhp.

With the coilover kit, how low should go before you need arch work for 17s? I had 18s on my on my old mk2 1.2 clio and that only needed arch rolling at the rear.

Quote: Originally posted by Ed_182 on 20 August 2005

Where is GDi based? Cambridge.
What is the best way to get decent power gains? I have spoken to a few tuners and I have been told conflicting things, one told me that cams and headwork is not worthwhile buit the other tuner said that I could see gians of 25ish bhp.

With the coilover kit, how low should go before you need arch work for 17s? I had 18s on my on my old mk2 1.2 clio and that only needed arch rolling at the rear.
Modifying the intake manifold will help otherwise you need individual throttle bodies for huge gains. Cams, headwork, manifold work, exhaust, remap and IK and your on 200hp or so. Exact power will depends on exact cam choice how good the engine is etc.

MY04 Scooby STi

forgive my ignorance. But what is the best induction kit to use? I was thinking maybe pipercross viper

with the correct offset you shouldnt have issues going down 60mm at the rear, the front will need the liner trimmed/removed and the bumper to wing bracket modified so it doesnt rub.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..helo, where you from? (depends what tuners are nr you) basically its down to your budget, as Loon says the only kit is gaz £500 at the mo(which makes his a bargain), IK £250-350ish, exhaust full system £400ish, & with the other mods eg maybe headwork, cams, manifolds etc with an smt6/7(piggy back ecu), not forgetting larger injectors if you are very nr or over the 200hp mark...so a fair bit more than £1000, id stick with 16s too ;)

MY04 Scooby STi

im in north west london.

How much more then £1000 do you reckon? I saw this article on here where some company was offering an upgrade to 202bhp for about £1800-£1900 fitted

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

SMT6

AWT mild Inlet manifold mods

Piper cams

Viper IK

full ProSpeed exhaust

All fitted, hope that helps mate

MY04 Scooby STi

yeah, thats great. where are prospeed based?

Was thinking about going to torque exhausts cos my brother went there and for his suzuki and it seems pretty good

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Do you know where GDI are based? Seems like they could be good to do the work

Cambrige, I think.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..ya usual suspects for this sort of work; GDI, Hillpower, CTM (also tbs @4kish) if you want a turbo and you have 7kish then ;BBT & K-tec :cool:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Do you know where GDI are based? Seems like they could be good to do the work

Not far from cambridge...its where i had all my work done.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

if you fancy a chat about it all, i can give you some ideas...

lots of options depending what you want, inc budget etc.

Andy
07010 716 440