ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mirror temp sensor?

PH2 172
I need to get a new Temp sensor for my wing mirror going to the local scrappy in a mo.. just wondering can someone tell me how to get it out and what it is i need to replace?? cheers.

The way to fix it is you see the nipple under the mirror on the passenger side
thats your sensor, pick up a new sensor from a scrappy, take the mirror glass off with screw driver (prise it off) carefully obviously, then replace sensor

PH2 172
:D cheers fella so just need the nipple bit thats it as my cars been reading 58 for the alst 2 months lol

RS Clio 182
Hi guy's.

I've got a new sensor off ebay and took my mirror apart as described but I can't see anywhere to connect the 2 wires? Should there be some wires spare coming up from the door? I currently can only see 2 for mirror heating and 2 for the motors. I can see the blanked out reading on my display inside so guessing there previously was one! Any ideas?!

Thanks.

Dodgy one
Have you removed the N/S mirror?

The loom that comes up the back of the doorcard will have pins for the temp sensor the O/S doesnt have this!

You need to split the block on your mirror and put the terminals in this so they match up with the loom on the car

RS Clio 182
Hi, yeah def the N/S mirror. You mean the white connector that is in the back of the motors for the mirror where some wires are already going into? Or you mean the one actually at the bottom of the door? The wire I have is only 5 inches long so I cant get it down through the door, im guessing there should be something in the mirror right? Thanks again.

RS Clio 182
What do you mean split trhe block? The only block I have is one connected to the mirror motors. The wiring loom is taped up so might cut that to see if there are any spare wires. Is that what you were meaning?

Dodgy one
urgh

Zis block, here! Its at the back or the mirror baseplate, Its easier to remove the mirror altogether to get acess to it, this is where you need to connect your temp sensor into

IMG_0125.jpg

I THINK the temp sensor needs to be plugged into numbers 2 & 3, However i cant say for definate as i removed my temp sensor a while ago on a spare mirror, All will become obvious when you see the connector on your car the wires whould be there for you to match up to, makes no odds which way they go round as they have no polarity IIRC

RS Clio 182
Hi, thanks for the help and the pic its really helped me visualise where I need to be looking! So do I need to take the mirror off first to access the baseplate? Also how does the baseplate come off is it just clipped on? Thanks again bud.