ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's Ph1 172 & Ph2 172 Cup Progress Thread

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car just read this from the start, nice to see people saving them! Those PS3's seem very cheap i swear mine were closer to £400!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yeah your right, silver was 100% the right choice :up::up: looks great and very oem+ now the car......... I was half expecting to see this post as saw the blue ones for sale on the facebook group earlier!
Very good price for the PS3's too, was going to say cheaper than mine but of course the 15's make a difference don't they

When I first saw them I wasn't sure but after the car was washed they do look great, not sure whether I need a little more lows but that can definitely wait considering all cup shocks and cooksports brand new

Yep looks great

:up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Where did you get the ps3 from Gareth?

From ATS of all places, I popped in the other day and they have an offer on Michelin at the minute so went online and they came out for 4 at just over £240 they also said they would swap wheels over so bit of a no brainer. I was going to get AD08R's but the guy on Facebook that get's them cheap has gone missing so went for these instead

Nice car just read this from the start, nice to see people saving them! Those PS3's seem very cheap i swear mine were closer to £400!
Another reason I swapped to 15's :wink:

Same reason I am running 15's :up:

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Looks really nice on them silver wheels mate, suit it much better than the blue ones imo :up:

Not bad for 16's though, was that Ps3's Steve?

Yes that was for PS3's, but a good friend of mine works at the place so might have got a cheeky discount thrown in on the side lol but i'm sure they were around the £350 mark........ when I had to get a single replacement due to a nail in the tyre (after around 100 miles!!!) was about £90 :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
New bumper day today :smile:

One of the reasons I hadn't taken many pics of the front of the car was the state of the front bumper. A friend messaged me this week and said someone they knew had one in great condition for sale and had said I would have it :up: they even picked it up for me which was a result, fitted it today and used the upper grill off my old bumper as it was in better condition. Also my Cup 172 badges on the doors were all in good condition apart from the 172 bit one was missing the 2 and the other one the 2 was barely holding on so as a temporary measure have taken the 172 off and just left cup. New badges are on my list but not that high up at the minute. This is before:

34846476773_44947093b4_b.jpg

35615904066_f8a5deb4f2_b.jpg

35615902966_65349dd2d3_b.jpg

35615901986_9bbedf3fc4_b.jpg

34846472243_8154907573_b.jpg

And this is after:

35268418330_e77168c250_b.jpg

35486793002_99eb6888b4_b.jpg

35655622155_cb847dfea5_b.jpg

35268414040_248f705cff_b.jpg

35615897286_0f01ea5b18_b.jpg

35615896306_702acefe2a_b.jpg

Splitter is off the laguna, not sure what I think of it yet but again no rush to replace, would like a genuine cup one but they're nice and expensive. All being well gearbox, clutch and exhaust fitting next Saturday :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Laguna is quite rare yes.

Fabia looks better though. IMO.

You at Alex's next week G? Need to pop over and be sociable!

Yep will be there on Saturday for all the work although it's being done at the unit on the lift but don't think that's far from Alex's haven't been there yet, would be good to see you :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
One downside to the PH-fat splitter is it catches on things :grimacing: it definitely didn't like the speed humps earlier at the airport!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Little update from this weekend, unfortunately fitting the gearbox/clutch/exhaust has been postponed for a week or two but may now include a PMS gear shifter as well all being well :smile: I also have my name down on a battery cover that will hopefully be here this coming week so in preparation for that I have fitted the 'Fatty' induction rather than the standard airbox. Thanks to @DrJekyll for posting in his thread everything you needed made it nice and simple, I went for the black silicone pipework as I prefer the understated OEM type look and the RamAir Filter, have only driven 10 minutes in it so far but it definitely makes more noise now but only really under full throttle just moving around normally no noticeable difference in noise. Also Alex fixed my driver's window which had been refusing to work properly so now can open the window whenever I want 😂 Few pics of the new setup and under the bonnet as not sure I have posted any before :up:

35007967373_12f2cf2399_b.jpg

34977979954_ac30cfcf33_b.jpg

35429611060_6bf6efd947_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Small update for today, @105e saw the car mid update :smile: I kept catching the laguna splitter on things and wasn't sure on the size of it so I ordered the Skoda Fabia splitter and fitted that today which looks a lot better IMO. Tried to use the holes already in the bumper for attachment rather than drilling more and managed to get it fitted relatively quickly. In other news the 'Fatty' induction lasted 5 days, just not sure it's my cup of tea so took it off and replaced with the standard Ph2 airbox again, you never know until you try these things 😂 I need to redo the cold air feed but other than that all good :up:

35941558555_a76c92cfca_b.jpg

35941559305_52d86e9537_b.jpg

35809293511_ed9bc82474_b.jpg

Next update hopefully, gearbox & clutch etc. especially as the gearbox is making more noise by the day

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Is that really all they cost!?? Bargain indeed! :cool:

Yep from a Skoda dealer, can see why they have become the splitter to buy especially at that price, just needed trimming at the ends at the wheel arch :up: when are you at ED Steve?

Yep from a Skoda dealer, can see why they have become the splitter to buy especially at that price, just needed trimming at the ends at the wheel arch :up: when are you at ED Steve?

Nice! Will have to pop down to my local Skoda dealer and grab a spare for mine sometime if they are that cheap as mines getting a little scuffed........ I was hoping to be at ED on Thursday but not sure now due to running issues (see my project thread) so will have to speak to Andy hopefully tomorrow and see what he says

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Nice! Will have to pop down to my local Skoda dealer and grab a spare for mine sometime if they are that cheap as mines getting a little scuffed........ I was hoping to be at ED on Thursday but not sure now due to running issues (see my project thread) so will have to speak to Andy hopefully tomorrow and see what he says

Splitter is part no. 5J08070619B9 have never been to ED even though I know Alex who works there, was going to say I would come and say hello as it isn't a million miles away from me will just have to check what I am up to this week if you are still going, let's hope so :up:

Splitter is part no. 5J08070619B9 have never been to ED even though I know Alex who works there, was going to say I would come and say hello as it isn't a million miles away from me will just have to check what I am up to this week if you are still going, let's hope so :up:

Nice one thanks for that mate :up: think I will get a spare soon and now saves all the blank faces when asking for specific parts at these places now I have the part number lol....... yeah fingers crossed for Thursday but we shall see what I can sort

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Surprise update, only because I was supposed to be working today not messing with cars :smile: Alex asked me if I would help strip some bit's off a Ph1 he is breaking and it went quicker than expected so we decided to fit the PMS exhaust to the cup as well! Only cat back currently as we will wait until we have the ramp to organise the decat although slight change of plan as I think am going to end up going 182 manifold and link pipe rather than just the PMS decat, will get some better pics soon but just a few quick ones for now :up:

35987959095_153c27e675_b.jpg

35148001144_4767237b92_b.jpg

35598951560_b0cc0f2306_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Good updates mate,for some reason its not giving notifications when you update your thread.Have to all meet up soon get a few photos done and drink etc.

Still lots to do but it's getting there :up: would be good to all meet up especially once I have had the gearbox etc. fitted, you might have some 2118's by then?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Not sure mate,im terrible i cant make my mind up.Im looking to get a remap done by ED tho.

I do really like the 2118's could be tempted myself although enough things to spend money on car wise rather than add to the list and I do like the Oz F1's they will just need a refurb at some point. I am going to send to ED when everything done to get a remap, not really bothered about what power it makes more what the drivability is like. engine wise I will be done then, if I wanted to spend more money would possibly go down the turbo route but not bothered about spending loads of money on cams etc.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah im just getting the map done as ive heard its better to & maybe little better on mpg & cold starts,not bothered about BHP gains as its a N/A so no benefit in that area i guess.

Yeah i like F1's to there nice,hard to find a 15inch wheel that suits the clio i think.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yeah im just getting the map done as ive heard its better to & maybe little better on mpg & cold starts,not bothered about BHP gains as its a N/A so no benefit in that area i guess.
Yeah i like F1's to there nice,hard to find a 15inch wheel that suits the clio i think.

Exactly why I want to get it mapped, one thing with the 2118's am sure you wouldn't lose any money on them if you did decide to get them and then didn't like/want them anymore :up: