ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's Ph1 172 & Ph2 172 Cup Progress Thread

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Picked the cup up tonight and managed a quick spin in the countryside, exhaust not fitted yet but hopefully this weekend with a bit of luck :up:

34176360454_99e6bc850a_b.jpg

35020046715_809b3b7fb4_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
That looks very smart, at that angle and in that light the blue wheels actually look really cool!!

I do quite like them but they will be being swapped shortly, still need to sort out some tyres for the silver ones I have to go on :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Thanks mate.
Great news that it passed! When you look back to the condition that you bought it in, it's amazing!

Cheers Chris, even though I knew the work we had done getting the MOT was a great moment I kept thinking I wonder if we forgot something especially with what it looked like when it arrived 😂

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Nice work mate :up:
Not sure if i asked before but you coming to the Forum weekend in Aug?.

Cheers Steve, don't think I have seen anything about the forum weekend, will have a look in the meet section and see if I can make it :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
This is wonderful.
Next time your round Alex's give me a shout and I'll try and pop over too.

Definitely good to get it on the road, will shout when I am over that way, exhaust will be going on when I am :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Couple of pics after another wash earlier, not a lot else has happened other than put a different speed sensor in the gearbox as the other one was playing up, needed the code for the radio and checked the top mounts as had an occasional knock from front passenger side, not sure have fixed it but made it better so far :smile:

35245718565_261bb15e2d_b.jpg

35080351612_0aa52db4ef_b.jpg

Plans next are to fit Ph1 gearbox as the gearbox currently crunching in to 5th, not all the time but can't see it getting any better 😂 will also fit a new clutch at the same time and fit the PMS exhaust which is currently still in my office! Also still need to get some tyres for the silver f1's and get them fitted. Hopefully that will all get done in next 2/3 weeks then after that we'll see what happens :up: hope everyone has had a good weekend!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just a small update, did 200 miles in her yesterday all the way to Southwold and Aldeburgh for a day at the seaside with the family, no issues and managed to pick the Ph1 gearbox up as well (thanks again @rsdan) on the way there, would have been rude not too :smile: now just have to organise getting fitted hopefully in the next week or two :up:

34538463404_c77ff75991_b.jpg

34538462084_6f38dc4e08_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yep very nice
:up:

Very nice indeed, familiar back drop for the photos too near the Adnams brewery :up:
We got to Aldeburgh later on in the day so managed to park there, fish and chips were needed for the drive back :smile:

Nice work mate,be good to see once the other wheels go on.
Little hi jack,but i went to southwold a couple of months ago to,great sea side town & took a pic of course!
View attachment 191093

You have to have a pic :smile: wheels should go on at the same time as the gearbox/clutch/exhaust all being well, can't decide whether to keep them silver or try something a bit different, the blue has grown on me but not that colour maybe something else, I can't decide!!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Personally I would change the colour mate,are you putting back on OZ F1's,just in a different colour?

Yes have another set of Oz F1's to go on just need to sort tyres out, they are currently silver and in reasonably good condition, would need a refurb to make them immaculate, I think the silver will look good just trying to decide whether to get them refurbed and possibly change colour, will make a decision probably when I have organised the tyres

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Weekend started with blue wheels and ended with silver and the car had a wash :smile: went for Michelin Pilot Sport 3's got 4 fitted for £240 and they swapped the wheels over for me as well which was good, saved me doing it at the side of the road :up:

35523144045_bf2c60df11_b.jpg

35523146835_924ce21362_b.jpg

34681874604_3ecc9a7395_b.jpg

Have also added a new clutch and gearbox oil to go with the other parts that I have collected and all being well will all be fitted in a couple of weeks

Yeah your right, silver was 100% the right choice :up::up: looks great and very oem+ now the car......... I was half expecting to see this post as saw the blue ones for sale on the facebook group earlier!

Very good price for the PS3's too, was going to say cheaper than mine but of course the 15's make a difference don't they