ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's Ph1 172 & Ph2 172 Cup Progress Thread

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Good progress matey, starting to look like a complete car again already :smile:
Looks like some of those coins have been there a while!!!

It's coming together, hopefully get another weekend at it and it won't be far off :smile: will drive it out to Norfolk and say hello when it's finished

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
V5 arrived today for the cup, the old girl's been passed around a bit 😂 anyone beat 17 former keepers?

33970644916_a4e1c94fff_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Little update, managed to get some more time on the cup last weekend and then a bit more this weekend, interior is nearly finished just waiting on a bit for the EPAS system that I am missing and have some other clocks to go in as these aren't reading the correct mileage other than that as far as interior goes just sun visors etc. from the headlining and then fitting the remaining dash bits then interior will be complete, the headlining is actually a bit tired so am on the lookout for another one so may wait to fit the sun visors etc. if I can find one in decent condition. Also fixed the drivers window as that wasn't moving up and down :smile:

Exhaust off the donor is now on the cup which will do for the time being and new front brake pads are in also have all the rear discs and brake pads and brake lines to go on all being well next weekend. Will be ordering new bulbs for the headlights as it came with only a couple of bulbs in, fitted a grill in the front bumper so that looks more presentable but am still on the lookout for a new one (have been let down on a couple now which is annoying!) then just a few bit's and pieces to do and it should be ready for it's MOT, I can't wait!! Just a couple of pics, will get more once it's ready and been washed as it is currently filthy!

33378086294_ecd7b6d688_b.jpg

33378080764_e9f4957526_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Update time, been a couple of weeks since the last one, had a wedding get in the way of progress :smile:

All being good this weekend will be ready to go for MOT next week, new clocks need to go in still but EPAS all working now, airbag ECU has arrived so that needs organising to. Has had brand new rear brake bias valve to go with all the new braking components at the back. Also has had new spark plugs and genuine leads. New lambda sensor isn't working, tracking needs doing and handbrake needs adjusting, couple of other tiny bits and then it will be as ready as it can be :up:

Think have also managed to organise getting my old PMS exhaust back as well but will update on that when I manage to get it.

Been going through some old pics this week and thought I would share this one, mk1 mini traveller, nice and early before they started adding wood, that me and my father in law restored, unfortunately it was sold shortly after we completed it and went to Japan, it went to make way for a Triumph project which all being well I will be able to drive at the Bank Holiday at the end of the month
34233052670_2f0f20e2d2_b.jpg

Clio pics hopefully after the weekend!

Cheers
Gareth

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
That mini is lovely mate. I spotted one similar a couple of weeks ago. All too rare nowadays[emoji45]

I need to find some pics of what it looked like when we bought it, safe to say it looked nothing like it does there :smile: their is one I see quite regularly driven round town with children in the back and it makes me smile everytime i see it, will try and get some pics when I see it next

That looks a cracking job on that Mini traveller, doesn't surprise me it went to Japan at all, always seems to have been a huuuuuge market for them out there. Just a pain to ship i'd imagine, it's not like sending a CD!! That's a 1964 right? Would be very interested to see the before pics now!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
That looks a cracking job on that Mini traveller, doesn't surprise me it went to Japan at all, always seems to have been a huuuuuge market for them out there. Just a pain to ship i'd imagine, it's not like sending a CD!! That's a 1964 right? Would be very interested to see the before pics now!

Guy got in contact a week or two after it was put up for sale and said he had a client in Japan who collected minis and who had seen the car and was interested could he come up and view for him, he came up drove it had a good look around it and then said they would pay what it was up for and the it went on the back of sealed transporter. Probably the easiest sale of a car I have had :smile: we didn't have to worry about shipping etc. would love to know where it is now. Yes 1964, quite early really, it had a push button start and rope door pulls, will see if I can find or get hold of some before pics and post them up :up:

Ahh right that sounds lovely and simple then! Yeah they weren't the buyer so no need to haggle, just pay you what you wanted, then add another big fee and transportation costs. Wonder what the buyer ended up paying in total!! But that said, who cares, easy sale for you :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Ahh right that sounds lovely and simple then! Yeah they weren't the buyer so no need to haggle, just pay you what you wanted, then add another big fee and transportation costs. Wonder what the buyer ended up paying in total!! But that said, who cares, easy sale for you :up:

They probably doubled the price at least 😂 found a few pics from before and during

34271222660_9218d09f9a_b.jpg

33814028384_dd48114e26_b.jpg

34271222330_f6c129df9e_b.jpg

33846722073_2f4e265a3a_b.jpg

Have pics of the cup will add later :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Wowzers, that's like night and day the difference between when bought and when sold. Great work!

It did look great when it was finished, kind of wish we hadn't sold it, will post some pics of the Triumph we have been working on soon. It's nearly ready to come out of the garage for the first time in a weekend or two

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Back to the cup!

It's all ready for it's MOT, Alex will adjust handbrake and fit a heatshield that is missing before it goes but it's as ready as it will be, hopefully it will pass :smile: New clocks are in, airbag ECU done, lambda all sorted, £65 worth of bulbs in the headlights, new cup spoiler brake light and gave it a quick wash. Few pics, not the best but you get the idea, am hoping to grab some good pics once it's out on the open road :smile: have got the silver oz f1's at home now too so just have to organise new tyres for them and they will replace the temporary blue ones. Have also started the new list of what I want to do to it from now on!!

34525738801_8c6c4ed2cb_b.jpg

34525738161_806660acd9_b.jpg

34494284712_888c557c44_b.jpg

34494280972_e0a7d30e62_b.jpg

34525736101_44407b30cb_b.jpg

34525734941_bbc62eb8c8_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just a quick update, MOT is later this week :smile:, yesterday drove to Lowestoft (4 hour return journey) to pick up the Pure Motorsport exhaust that I had on my Ph1. The guy I sold it to has broken his car and is selling the bit's off so I said I would buy it back, it was a bargain too so all good and well worth the journey :up: Also have the silver Oz F1's here now so just need to organise some tyres and then I can get them on, hopefully have them sorted in the next week or so

34549805132_217a1cc8bb_b.jpg

34549804322_17d7801ab0_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Great work getting it built back up. Fingers crossed the mot goes well[emoji106]

I have everything crossed 😂 to be honest have replaced a lot so not worried about any of that just if we have missed something really, will update once it's been for it's MOT :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Lowestoft is only up the road for me, small world!! Getting there indeed tho bud, those wheels will look very smart

Shame I was only there for 10 minutes :smile: didn't even manage fish and chips, will shout next time if I come out that way again!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Well today was the day and she failed 😂 nothing major we hadn't replaced the little plastic VIN plate that goes on the dash (have it just forgot all about it). Lambda decided it wasn't happy again so emissions were out (think that may be wiring rather than sensor itself) also have an injector issue which has just started which isn't helping with emissions might have to bite the bullet and buy new rather than messing around (thought we had figured out what it was yesterday before it went for it's MOT). Washer jets don't work which I'll be honest I hadn't even checked :smile: and the rear fog light wasn't working. So nothing major, hopefully get it organised over the weekend and get it back in next week :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
New injectors ordered last week and arrived today managed to get over to Alex's so we could fit, they went in, Alex reset the fuel trim and all looks good
34042320213_bf1ec8c395_b.jpg

We did all the other bit's that needed doing including new wiring for the lambda that decided it wasn't happy so should be able to go back for retest later this week. Also had a Renault badge that I snaffled off the donor flamer to put on the front and ordered a new rear number plate light from RPD the other day so fitted that too, makes a different and a bargain for under £10

Renault badge before
34813065506_f7c5b3c88a_b.jpg

Renault badge after
34042315883_103e5ba6aa_b.jpg

Rear number plate light before
34689213512_ef0c8a6cdd_b.jpg

Rear number plate light after
34042318073_d12e7548ca_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Like it :up: it's the little touches that make the difference afterall!

Always good when they don't cost a lot as well :smile: it makes the back bumper look a lot fresher, their are lot's of other things I should be buying but I thought why not!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Not the most exciting update but couple of deliveries this week, one of the reasons the PMS exhaust was a bargain was the extra support bracket for the back box had gone missing so organised a new one from Pure which arrived next day and then to finish off the exhaust fitting probably the most expensive bit of plastic I have bought yet for the car 😂

34772925321_4c5dd87581_b.jpg