ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

RB Clio 182
Hi, is £345 a good price for four of these tyres in 195 45 16 delivered?

Does anyone know anywhere that can beat this price?

This price is from camskill, i am just pricing different options and tyres up.

I know there are a million tyre threads and i have searched on here, but are these tyres worth the extra over the likes of contis/pirellis etc, and do they wear well?

I dont want to spend an extra £150 on a set of tyres over the likes of t1rs and be disappointed, i had conti sport 2's on my previous car and tbh they didnt feel that much/if any better than the t1rs, although the t1rs wear down very quickly imo.

Any other options are welcome.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Hi, I'm not too sure how the price stacks up but I have the Michelins on all 4 corners and I've been impressed by them, once there up to temp they hang on through the corners be it wet or dry, I ran T1's on my old Pug gti 180 and whilst it's a different car I found them losing grip far quicker than the Michelins, I think if u can cover it go the extra and fit the Michelins buddy

RB Clio 182
Hi, I'm not too sure how the price stacks up but I have the Michelins on all 4 corners and I've been impressed by them, once there up to temp they hang on through the corners be it wet or dry, I ran T1's on my old Pug gti 180 and whilst it's a different car I found them losing grip far quicker than the Michelins, I think if u can cover it go the extra and fit the Michelins buddy

Thanks for the reply Gaz, how are they wearing, and how are the side walls wearing?

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
I don't do that many miles but I had the wheels off the other week and there's plenty tread atleast 4.5mm plus on the front , more on the back and they have done about 7.5k ( they were on car before I bought it but I've seem the receipt from when they were purchased) I'm not too hard on them bar the odd spirited blast on a Sunday ;)
Sidewalls have no visual cracking, mines is pretty low on fk coilovers so I need to keep on top of the tracking but I'm really happy with them and will defo keep them all round when they run down

Just a thought have u considered Hankook v12 evo's ? Gaz85 used to run those on his Cup and he felt they were a great balance in terms of cost vs performance, a bit left field but hey if u having to shell out around £350 they could be worth a look

RB Clio 182
I don't do that many miles but I had the wheels off the other week and there's plenty tread atleast 4.5mm plus on the front , more on the back and they have done about 7.5k ( they were on car before I bought it but I've seem the receipt from when they were purchased) I'm not too hard on them bar the odd spirited blast on a Sunday ;)
Sidewalls have no visual cracking, mines is pretty low on fk coilovers so I need to keep on top of the tracking but I'm really happy with them and will defo keep them all round when they run down

Just a thought have u considered Hankook v12 evo's ? @Gaz85 used to run those on his Cup and he felt they were a great balance in terms of cost vs performance, a bit left field but hey if u having to shell out around £350 they could be worth a look

Brilliant mate thanks for the info, i didnt make it clear but with the side walls, i was more referring to them being soft and the outside of the tyre wearing quicker.

I have had my tracking done twice now, and the nearside front tyre seems to wear on the outside edge a lot more than anywhere else which is annoying me lol.

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Lol, I completely missed that point ! I can only call it as I've seen it but when I had the wheels off the wear was pretty much even with no obvious shredding or pressure on the outside walls, mines has had a few good blasts on the twisty stuff in addition to dual carriageway miles and they appear to be holding up well, watch this ill get a puncture tomorrow :p

RB Clio 182
Lol, I completely missed that point ! I can only call it as I've seen it but when I had the wheels off the wear was pretty much even with no obvious shredding or pressure on the outside walls, mines has had a few good blasts on the twisty stuff in addition to dual carriageway miles and they appear to be holding up well, watch this ill get a puncture tomorrow :p

Sound cheers mate :)

I have these tyres on my car & just replaced the fronts after 17000 miles which I think is pretty good going. As said they do hang on well wet or dry, so worth the money.

RB Clio 182
I have these tyres on my car & just replaced the fronts after 17000 miles which I think is pretty good going. As said they do hang on well wet or dry, so worth the money.

Thanks mate, that is some going!

I got 6k out of 4 new t1rs, this was swapping backs to fronts so they are all on the legal limit.

I did add camber bolts about 1500 miles a go mind which destroyed the fronts tbh!

RB Clio 182
What about the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2's. these are coming up at around the same price as the ps3's.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I loved the ps3 on the Clio had them on my focus st as well you can really tell the difference mate. My 300+ bhp focus got about 10k out a set of fronts so wear was good, depends your driving style tho