ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt's (2nd) Racing Blue 182 thread.

None
Alright Ste?

That's awesome, which bike the CBR600rr? Thats the one I had, awesome things although my confidence level on a bike is well below trackday levels lol

Hi Mike, it's the older F model bike, the guy i bought it from race prepared it and did the no budget cup on it in 2009/10, it was the guy i learned to ride with and it just came up when i was passing my test so i thought why not, been hooked ever since.
Just starting to look into getting a road bike too, something way too fast and hellishly uncomfortable probably :)

What happened to the 350Z mate?

None
How far is the modding going to go this time Matt.....you going to get another yozza for this one too?

No Ste, it's already got a brand-new Miltec system on (which is nice and quiet)

My days of ultra-low cars are long behind be TBH, might get some Sportlines springs but that's it really mate.

None
I miss the speed mate, the vito van gets my bike to the track ok but it's so slow of the line compared to the 182 it's unreal, takes three gears just to get up to 40 :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Mike, it's the older F model bike, the guy i bought it from race prepared it and did the no budget cup on it in 2009/10, it was the guy i learned to ride with and it just came up when i was passing my test so i thought why not, been hooked ever since.
Just starting to look into getting a road bike too, something way too fast and hellishly uncomfortable probably :)

What happened to the 350Z mate?

I did the fast and painful when I got the rr and tbh, for the road get something a little comfier. The Jap sport bikes are great for midgit Japanese folks but aren't meant for anyone above 5 foot/8 stone lol. Although an SRAD is an awesome compromise of a good sports bike that big enough to be a little comfy.

350Z went a while back, never really got on with it although I do miss it from time to time, I loved the looks, the lowish driving position and the big engine. The clio is a better car for me atm, keep looking at S2ks but insurance is still silly expensive :(

None
You can pick a tidy 182 up for £2.5k now mate, get one bought!! ;)

Blimey they have dropped in price, must have nearly bottomed out now, surely they can't go much lower than that.

I did the fast and painful when I got the rr and tbh, for the road get something a little comfier. The Jap sport bikes are great for midgit Japanese folks but aren't meant for anyone above 5 foot/8 stone lol. Although an SRAD is an awesome compromise of a good sports bike that big enough to be a little comfy.

350Z went a while back, never really got on with it although I do miss it from time to time, I loved the looks, the lowish driving position and the big engine. The clio is a better car for me atm, keep looking at S2ks but insurance is still silly expensive :(

Yeah Mike all the sensible side of me says get a bmw gs or triumph tiger but the hooligan still says buy the honda SP2 world superbike replica :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Mike all the sensible side of me says get a bmw gs or triumph tiger but the hooligan still says buy the honda SP2 world superbike replica :)

Despite the BMW stigma, a GS is an awesome shout!

Have you ridden a sports bike for a long period of time. I did about 5 hours on mine and I was crippled, in so much pain at the end, I just came in the house and collapsed lol. Whereas I did 22 hours on my ER6f and still felt relatively ok.

None
How did you manage 22 hours on one trip?, longest i do is 7 sessions at 20mins when i go to cadwell lol

Well picked the car up last night.

Achieved 43mpg on the way home!

So far, I have fitted new MTEC bulbs, which were a right pig to fit, no room in there what so ever!!

Also fitted silvervisions, aero wipers and have new clean rear and 3/4 front plate to fit.

I have a spair set of wheels to be fitted, as a few which are on at the min have been refurbished and, although are mint, the colour isnt 100% OEM which is a must.

Needs a splitter and eibachs desperately though which will be ordered at the end of the month probably.

Afew iphone pictures (the DSLR didnt capture the colour in the direct sunlight atall! :( )

7301881074_0f629532f5_z.jpg

7 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7301884154_21e70fc816_z.jpg

8 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7301878118_40b6f32b9b_z.jpg

6 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7301875288_a56a8cb8da_z.jpg

4 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Matt

RB One Eight Two
Looks like a lovely example mate. I'm glad you found one in the end. Once you have finished with it I know it will look amazing ;)

Looks like a very tidy example mate, just realised you bought this!

Looks great Matt!

Cheers lads!

Didnt realise you had bought this!!

I lol'd when i saw the title and reminded myself of all the comments in your 107 thread.

Looks good mind, my first clio was an RB.

Cheers Dave.

Only had it a few days, buts its nice to be back in the game.

Never say never, thats my new moto :eek:

Had a free morning yesterday so finaly got round to changing the plates and re-aligning he exhaust.

Think it looks a lot better, not bad for £22 ;)

Next up is a nice CF splitter and some Sportlines.

Before

7358866318_8f3418a5c5_z.jpg

9 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

During

7173633975_afef27c2c8_z.jpg

13 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7358848654_509efe7c11_z.jpg

14 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7358863462_da310f7359_z.jpg

15 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

After

7173620809_715c2dd2c7_z.jpg

12 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Also changed the front plate to a 3/4 one, which I think looks alot better.

Before

7173629713_ba66343ffd_z.jpg

16 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

During

7173623783_e92ee5578c_z.jpg

20 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7358856106_d0b973110a_z.jpg

18 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

After

7173626591_bf3bc6a01c_z.jpg

21 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7358859216_297d97cc31_z.jpg

22 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cool. If I keep mine (looking at losing all loans in next 2 years so we'll be able to afford much bigger house), I'd probably add an exhaust to it. It's standard at the moment bar clear fronts and coilovers. I'd ideally like a towing eye, exhaust, plates and possibly an RST with suited map. The car itself is great to drive and looks great. The RB paintwork is stunning and a real eye catcher - it's so difficult to photograph correctly, irrespective of the light source.

How long did it take you to fit the front bulbs? Also, not fancy black Turinis or even F1's? Not a fan of the 2118s at all, I think they look too small and make the car too dinky like.

Cool. If I keep mine (looking at losing all loans in next 2 years so we'll be able to afford much bigger house), I'd probably add an exhaust to it. It's standard at the moment bar clear fronts and coilovers. I'd ideally like a towing eye, exhaust, plates and possibly an RST with suited map. The car itself is great to drive and looks great. The RB paintwork is stunning and a real eye catcher - it's so difficult to photograph correctly, irrespective of the light source.

How long did it take you to fit the front bulbs? Also, not fancy black Turinis or even F1's? Not a fan of the 2118s at all, I think they look too small and make the car too dinky like.

Its definatly an exhaust I'd recommend. I've had the Yozza twice and its a great exhaust but for everyday driving its just too much for me now.

The front bulbs were a right pain. The passenger side were fine but the drivers side took ages, due to the air con pipe. Worth it though as the MTEC's really are the best you can get next to acutal xenons.

I think I'll be keeping the OEM wheels this time mate.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Its definatly an exhaust I'd recommend. I've had the Yozza twice and its a great exhaust but for everyday driving its just too much for me now.

The front bulbs were a right pain. The passenger side were fine but the drivers side took ages, due to the air con pipe. Worth it though as the MTEC's really are the best you can get next to acutal xenons.

I think I'll be keeping the OEM wheels this time mate.

Good choice. The OEM alloys are excellent IMO and really suit the car. Yeah I was just curious about the front lights because I've heard they're a nightmare. Thankfully I've got the xenons but you're right the MTEC's are very good indeed.

Good choice. The OEM alloys are excellent IMO and really suit the car. Yeah I was just curious about the front lights because I've heard they're a nightmare. Thankfully I've got the xenons but you're right the MTEC's are very good indeed.

Yeah I quite like the standard wheels, ideally I'd like some silver 172 cup wheels but I cant see that happening any time soon.

RB 182 FF
I've got an RB 182 with the standard alloys done in gloss black, never been a fan of black alloys until they were matched with the RB bodywork and it's a match made in heaven!! Get yours done gloss black Matt...!!!! :D

RB 182 FF
Also what dimensions is the front plate and where did you get the plates done if you don't mind me asking Matt?! :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've got an RB 182 with the standard alloys done in gloss black, never been a fan of black alloys until they were matched with the RB bodywork and it's a match made in heaven!! Get yours done gloss black Matt...!!!! :D

Few from the RB thread:

F1s
6998191323_cd29f92413_z.jpg

OEM.
DSC_1932.jpg