ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hub caps not in line with rs logo?

Bingo.

I said do not fit the centre caps, I'll do it myself. It turns out the PDI chap didn't, but left them in the car and then the valeter thought they'd been forgotten so did.

I'm not that fussed about it myself but the RS community deems misaligned badges heresy so I thought for 10 seconds extra effort on each corner on my part I'd get them right.

I just hope they were gentle with the wheels when they took them off the car to pop the badges out...I'm not sure I would have been LOL

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They actually phoned me up and asked if I was happy with them putting a couple of miles on to put the fuel in or would I prefer to fill it up myself.

As a dealership they couldn't have been any better.

Although very anal, that's exactly the kind of service id want if I was getting a brand new car such as this.

Although I wouldn't be bothered about one or two extra miles ;)

RB182cup&golf gti
Love it and the colour is perfect, very understated - I'd have the same spec as that for sure. I don't think I'd be as eager as you to start hammering the miles on though, but enjoy. Looking forward to the vids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Although very anal, that's exactly the kind of service id want if I was getting a brand new car such as this.

Although I wouldn't be bothered about one or two extra miles :wink:
I would my Trophy still has the plastic on the pedals and door seals.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, and...
fireworks-1.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Afraid that's not quite right. Mine is standard and it pops in normal mode following the PCM update which I think is fairly common.
I'm not sure if newer ones come with the same configuration so it may not be the same for you.

30 miles in so far and it has happened once in normal as I blipped it to rev match a downshift, it caught me completley by surprise!

In other news...o, m, f***ing, g. This car a) feels right in every single way imaginable and b) how does it do what it does when exiting roundabouts? Much more exploration needed. Dash cams can GTFO, they can wait until tonight/tomorrow. I'm going out to drive more.

:up::up::up::up::up:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
30 miles in so far and it has happened once in normal as I blipped it to rev match a downshift, it caught me completley by surprise!

In other news...o, m, f***ing, g. This car a) feels right in every single way imaginable and b) how does it do what it does when exiting roundabouts? Much more exploration needed. Dash cams can GTFO, they can wait until tonight/tomorrow. I'm going out to drive more.

Great stuff getting a new car is all ways exciting peeling back the layers of what it can do a bit at a time :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Imagine what it'll do with 76% throttle ;)

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one

Told you. Good to hear you're happy with it and enjoying the bonding experience.

Minor request, can you take a pic of the roof lining with the sun-roof. I've not actually seen what it looks like on an RS!

On other news, my new RS inspired coaster arrived to accompany my much loved/used CS one, and I took a few photos of the car. I can confirm, there is SOME flake in the black paint, it is not entirely flat!
IMG_6562.JPG
DSCF1138.JPG
DSCF1142.JPG
DSCF1143.JPG

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Break time. 150 miles done.

The rain came just in time, on small quiet tight 2nd gear roundabouts it's like a puppy on a polished wood floor with a little rear end wag on the way out.

Only required a quarter turn dab of oppo so far. Note to self; must try harder.

RB Clio 182
Break time. 150 miles done.

The rain came just in time, on small quiet tight 2nd gear roundabouts it's like a puppy on a polished wood floor with a little rear end wag on the way out.

Only required a quarter turn dab of oppo so far. Note to self; must try harder.
Compared to the fezzy?

It is.....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Compared to the fezzy?

It is.....

In spite of it's weight it genuinely goes into corners just like the Fiesta did but with more overall grip, then, just when a squirt in the ST would push you wide a bootful in this brings the nose in and you get fired out driven firmly from behind with the fronts scrabbling away.

It's epic.

I've spent the evening mounting my dash cams, getting the DAB tuned, and working through all of the settings...now I'm going out for a night drive and I'm stupidly excited about seeing the interior all lit up. LOL

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic stuff Mark. I couldn't think of anything I would change with the RS after spending more time in one. My mates is blue right enough. Would have loved a fancy Silver colour choice for some reason.

Enjoy. They really are tail happy even in normal mode.