ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Bet the power delivery isn't anywhere near as brutal as some cars. I mean after all, it was built post 2010.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Turbo lag adds to the excitement of boosted cars. Commuter cars with tiny turbo motors should be tuned like diesels, performance cars should have an epic top end to give you that buzz when your using it properly.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Turbo lag adds to the excitement of boosted cars. Commuter cars with tiny turbo motors should be tuned like diesels, performance cars should have an epic top end to give you that buzz when your using it properly.

Yeah, old skool turbo lag is the best.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I really like the colour, I do love the blue but I understand why you went for the gray. [emoji41]

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Right, the money's been transferred, they've confirmed receipt, return of the hire car is booked, RS collection is at 0830 tomorrow.

I'm a just like a kid at Christmas today.

A few stills from yesterday...

IMG_20170509_124917.jpg
IMG_20170509_124942.jpg
IMG_20170509_125028.jpg
IMG_20170509_125136.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Day off work as well?

Oh yes. And Friday. And I've told the wife she can expect to see me late evening only over the weekend. Four days of quality bonding/running in time ahead.

I love that colour. Are you restricted on revs until a certain mileage?

5,000 rpm and max 75% throttle for 1,000 miles. My target is to get that complete before Monday. I may even datalog the entire running in period to see if I venture over those limits LOL

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
When's the engine rebuild booked in for? Or have Ford sorted that issue now?

It seems to be mostly very early builds so far (a high proportion of reported failures are June '16 built)...some casting inconsistencies leading to weakness and/or warping as the head cools, both of which can give a tiny coolant leak into the cylinders.

For me it's nothing at all to worry about. If it does go, it goes. I'll deal with it.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh yes. And Friday. And I've told the wife she can expect to see me late evening only over the weekend. Four days of quality bonding/running in time ahead.

5,000 rpm and max 75% throttle for 1,000 miles. My target is to get that complete before Monday. I may even datalog the entire running in period to see if I venture over those limits LOL

Have fun, I did 500 miles in two days to run in my engine so very achievable :grinning:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest what Tyre Pressures are 'best' suited for these ? As i remember your ST's were all over the place!

I'll be finding out for sure tomorrow as will be the first thing I check once I get home to fit my dash cams (I can't bring myself to do it on the forecourt before I drive off!).

I believe they're something like 41/39 though so quite high but not that surprising I guess with 35 profile tyres.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have been totally "meh" about these since they were announced. Having seen your model in those pictures, though, you've converted me. That's a lovely car mate, nice one! Hope you enjoy the weekend "bonding..."

RB Clio 182
I really like the grey colour, but i dont like the style of those wheels, if you like silver, maybe get the other wheels which imo are a nicer wheel and get them done silver.

Still, lovely car!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Standard it only pops and bangs in 'sport' mode. With FPM375 people report cars doing it in 'normal' mode as well plus a load more snorting and hissing from beneath the bonnet...none of that appeals.
Afraid that's not quite right. Mine is standard and it pops in normal mode following the PCM update which I think is fairly common.
I'm not sure if newer ones come with the same configuration so it may not be the same for you.

Last edited:

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I'll be finding out for sure tomorrow as will be the first thing I check once I get home to fit my dash cams (I can't bring myself to do it on the forecourt before I drive off!).

I believe they're something like 41/39 though so quite high but not that surprising I guess with 35 profile tyres.
The pressures you've listed are the recommended ones. I am aware people are running theirs lower ...39 psi up front and 38 psi rear and apparently it has a noticeable handling change (for the better). I run mine at standard and am happy.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the grey colour, but i dont like the style of those wheels, if you like silver, maybe get the other wheels which imo are a nicer wheel and get them done silver.

Still, lovely car!

Never! This is staying exactly as it comes.

Afraid that's not quite right. Mine is standard and it pops in normal mode following the PCM update which I think is fairly common.
I'm not sure if newer ones come with the same configuration so it may not be the same for you.

Ah right, OK. I thought that happened in normal but only with FPM375. I'll find out tomorrow for sure.

The pressures you've listed are the recommended ones. I am aware people are running theirs lower ...39 psi up front and 38 psi rear and apparently it has a noticeable handling change (for the better). I run mine at standard and am happy.

I'm sure standard is fine. I stuck with the ST's book pressures 36/26 all its life and that rocked.

I'm surprised no one has spotted what they got wrong yet?! I'll find out tomorrow if they're sorted it out.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The dealership must think you are odd going there again for no reason! Almost there..
If that was mine it would be gone and I would have hired a security guard to watch it till then, not that I don't trust ford dealers

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can't spot what has gone wrong? Am I missing anything?