ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I thought they came with recaro buckets as standard? I'm assuming they're an optional extra then?
They are the standard seats the RS comes with but with the winter pack added (heated seats and steering wheel). The optional seats are the Recaro CS seats which are a 'nicer' seat with some downsides (not height adjustable, not able to be heated).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Come on people, let's not totally ruin Mark's thread! He likes his videos, and his spreadsheets.
If we (moderators) thought he'd take it the wrong way, we'd have stopped it ages ago.

He's a good sport and knows it's only a bit of banter.

(Mark, if you're reading this whilst crying, let me know and I'll clear it up.)

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Saw a magnetic up close today at a mini meet (the photo only shows some of the cars). Such a lovely colour.
IMG_6487.JPG

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
' I expect no more than 9 miles on the clock when I collect' (when it's already on 8)

You must be a salesmans worst nightmare. I'd go as far to say if I was selling you a car I'd probably tell you to jog on:tongueout:

THE worst.

I'm assuming they have a coolant issue? I've owned 9 or 10 cars and never checked coolant once :astonished:

There are engines coking to death on their coolant being replaced by Ford. First sign is coolant loss. That develops into a misfire. Regular checks will catch it early. Doubtful it'll happen on mine though...most seem to be very early builds.

Enjoy it mark. I forgot you went sunroof. It's not the 90s ffs!!!

It's epic. You're wrong. Apart from it being the 90s that is. Thank f***.

You took two cameras and a microphone??

Blimey.

...and a field audio recorder. I've been carrying it about with me everywhere for the last four weeks in anticipation.

If we (moderators) thought he'd take it the wrong way, we'd have stopped it ages ago.

He's a good sport and knows it's only a bit of banter.

A-f***ing-men. Anything less would be an absolute fail on the part of CS.

I hope it's on 11 miles when you collect it. [emoji23]

Maybe 9 was a bit tight. I'm not sure how many I should be happy with. FFS. First world and all that.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one @MarkCup, I'm not around Brighton at all over the next few weeks but by the sounds of things you'll have it run in by the end of the month (when I will be around)... :wink:

Nice. We definitely have to, ahem, drive spiritedly.

I picked my focus up on 6 miles FYI mark

#iwin

Someone has been scumming your car around

M*****f*****.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
There were a LOT of these at scitp today but most were blue. Looks like yours might be a rare spec build, and we all know hiw the RS geeks love a rare build.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Awesome banter! I'll have a watch of the vid in full later on. Can't beat being excited. We all enjoy things differently and I'm sure others do some strange s**t too

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_0850.JPG
hi @MarkCup like the grey focus rs :) we collected a new Trophy recently and looking at your video it shows how similar they are. I'm looking to change my Trophy this year and the grey is much nicer on the ford. :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looking forward to seeing some proper videos of it Mark, sunroof, grey and silver wheels suit it perfectly much less barry

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Are you not going to map it just a tad @MarkCup ?

Currently the answer to that is no.

100 % he will the force of the dark side will be too strong :smile:

http://www.blog.mountune.com/index....-performance-by-mountune-upgrade-for-focus-rs

That is going to be tough to resist!

Doesn't it pop and bang like a bowl of Snap, Crackle and Pop with the mountune map on Though? I.e. way more than normal.

Standard it only pops and bangs in 'sport' mode. With FPM375 people report cars doing it in 'normal' mode as well plus a load more snorting and hissing from beneath the bonnet...none of that appeals.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's a bloody epic package as it comes. No need to ruin its (already mildly compromised) daily abilities.

This is the main thing.

350 torques available from 1 rpm, 350 powaz, all-wheel-drive with an oversped rear axle to actively encourage rear end playfulness on the throttle, 5 doors, decent enough mpg, and £270 a year fully comp with no excess.

At what point would I need or want to change any of that?

I'm struggling to think of one!

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
At what point would I need or want to change any of that?
You'll get used to it very quickly.
Apart from off the line, the RS3 doesn't feel that quick anymore (& its 2.5 seconds quicker to 100 than the FRS). So unless the Ford gives you a massive boost kick around the back of the head, the seamless torque delivery makes all these types of car feel quite refined as standard.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You'll get used to it very quickly.
Apart from off the line, the RS3 doesn't feel that quick anymore (& its 2.5 seconds quicker to 100 than the FRS). So unless the Ford gives you a massive boost kick around the back of the head, the seamless torque delivery makes all these types of car feel quite refined as standard.
What's an M*40i like once rolling Vs the Audi?