ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark all mail as read on iPhone?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
As its a bit of an obscure question im having problems finding an answer through google...

Anywho, is it possible to mark all emails as 'read' through the iphone?

As i am immensely popular i get innondated with emails that I don't want to read, so it would be handy if i could mark them as read:)

Thanks,
Luke.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I didn't find a way to do it and had to go through them all :(

only downloaded the first 50 messages though

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends on your email setup.

If i have loads on gmail, i go into the web version and mark them all read.

Due to IMAP and its greatness (or exchange) it marks them as read on the phone.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So if i mark mine as read on gmail online, it will do it on my phone? or have I got mine set up wrong? (the computer just did it when i plugged it in)(its not set up as POP on my computer - the other one.

Another quick one RE email...

It says I have 6k emails or whatever on my phone - but im guessing it wont have downloaded the whole 6k worth of emails? does it only download/display so many at a time unless you need to view the others?

My hotmail doesn't sync with the account. If there are unread emails in my hotmail account, they come through to the phone, but the accounts don't mirror each other. Should they?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would as for me this works better as mail delivery is instant. Your Gmail account within Mail on the Mac should also be set for IMAP and will update the status automatically too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Exchange does kill battery if its set to push email.

I use a combo of IMAP and Exchange to get round this. (But lose push in the process)